Sponsored

Hellion Street Sleeper // On3 owners; A Few Questions Please!

Dark knight s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 pp1 GT
Subbed to this thread. I’m picking up a 2021 5.0 and torn between top mount or bottom mount. Need to find someone in Miami with the sleeper kit that’s lowered on about 1in springs. Considering the amount of random rain the pops up in south Florida I’m leaning top mount but the 10 months of summer heat also scares me for engine bay heat soak mania in 10000% humidity with 93 degree summer heat
Sponsored

OP
OP

exxit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 RaceRed GT 10r80
Subbed to this thread. I’m picking up a 2021 5.0 and torn between top mount or bottom mount. Need to find someone in Miami with the sleeper kit that’s lowered on about 1in springs. Considering the amount of random rain the pops up in south Florida I’m leaning top mount but the 10 months of summer heat also scares me for engine bay heat soak mania in 10000% humidity with 93 degree summer heat

I'll be doing a full build thread once I get all my ducks in a row. Being a modern mustang forum I'm not surprised to find snarky dudes who'd rather write one liners talking smack instead of provide advice (its usually the "tune only" broke boys that take it there but it is what it is)

Just got the quote in from Aldo, modifying the turbos to ball bearings.

It seems like bottom mount is a more cost effective option and good for less under hood temps. I'm pretty set on a hood exit setup. Just been something I've wanted to pull off since I saw them done on 2013/2014s.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hello.

We have both types of system, top and low mount, and both are available depending on your preference. The sleeper kit, our low mount system, will have no issues with water or any other weather situation. We have the air filters routed up and out of the way, so there are no worries. We give a lifetime warranty on both our systems and have never had a claim for water ingestion.

Please let us know if you any other questions we can help with.

Team Hellion

Pierangiolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Manual (sold), 2020 Mustang GT A10
Don't go sleeper in Miami. We both know we can see over a 1 foot of rain on any random day. Go top mount. Yes the turbos sit higher than a foot but do you want to run the risk of getting water into your system at an given day? I have a friend who has a top mount TT 5.0 and he daily drives it just fine here in miami, iat are normal.

Second, I wouldn't recommend you get a 2021. Tuning isn't available yet and wont be available for some time. I would recommend a 2020 or older if you want to build the car soon.

Dark knight s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 pp1 GT
Don't go sleeper in Miami. We both know we can see over a 1 foot of rain on any random day. Go top mount. Yes the turbos sit higher than a foot but do you want to run the risk of getting water into your system at an given day? I have a friend who has a top mount TT 5.0 and he daily drives it just fine here in miami, iat are normal.

Second, I wouldn't recommend you get a 2021. Tuning isn't available yet and wont be available for some time. I would recommend a 2020 or older if you want to build the car soon.
trust me man I’ve been looking for 2020s left over and there’s literally nothing I like out there. It’s bad the current state of the car market. I’m stuck with 2021 or I’ll take a 2020/2019 with less than 2-3k miles but again they wanna charge the same for used cars as they do for new ones so it doesn’t make sense financially speaking.
Sponsored