Hellion and fore install now car won't start, HELP

onefastmf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue
2018 gt, So did my hellion low mount install and fore return fuel system. Got my start up tune from lund and car wants to start and on a few tries it has ran for like 5 seconds or so, enough time for me to verify that i have fuel pressure at the rail, right around 50 psi. when the car is starting its dumping insane amount of raw fuel. Codes I'm getting are P0627 fuel pump "A" control circuit/open, P061B internal control module torque calculation performance, and P162F unknown OEM DTC, most of the time its the p0627 and the unknown one. I have reloaded stock tune and tried that just to see how it acts and car seems to react the same way and i get the same codes, reloaded lund tune, same thing again and again, i have checked all vacuum lines and the only thing i have changed with that is per. hellion instructions. I think the tune might be corrupt or something. I hope its something easy i have over looked but can't seem to find anything. Only thing that seems different from others i have seen is the fuel pump wires, The stock hat has 4 wires going to it, two smaller gauge wires are for the fuel level sensor, and the other two are for the pump, one ground and one power. So i cut that plug off and used the two smaller ones for the level sensor and the yellow wire with grey stripe triggers my fore controller. Seem like all the info i can find online people are teeing in the wire right off the fuel module controller, i think thats what its called, right next to the hat, kind of looks like a low voltage transformer. Check out the pics, but i have sent a log to lund but its the weekend so i won't hear anything till tomorrow, just hope its something I'm over looking. Any help is appreciated.
image0.jpeg
Sponsored

Wiggs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
2018 gt, So did my hellion low mount install and fore return fuel system. Got my start up tune from lund and car wants to start and on a few tries it has ran for like 5 seconds or so, enough time for me to verify that i have fuel pressure at the rail, right around 50 psi. when the car is starting its dumping insane amount of raw fuel. Codes I'm getting are P0627 fuel pump "A" control circuit/open, P061B internal control module torque calculation performance, and P162F unknown OEM DTC, most of the time its the p0627 and the unknown one. I have reloaded stock tune and tried that just to see how it acts and car seems to react the same way and i get the same codes, reloaded lund tune, same thing again and again, i have checked all vacuum lines and the only thing i have changed with that is per. hellion instructions. I think the tune might be corrupt or something. I hope its something easy i have over looked but can't seem to find anything. Only thing that seems different from others i have seen is the fuel pump wires, The stock hat has 4 wires going to it, two smaller gauge wires are for the fuel level sensor, and the other two are for the pump, one ground and one power. So i cut that plug off and used the two smaller ones for the level sensor and the yellow wire with grey stripe triggers my fore controller. Seem like all the info i can find online people are teeing in the wire right off the fuel module controller, i think thats what its called, right next to the hat, kind of looks like a low voltage transformer. Check out the pics, but i have sent a log to lund but its the weekend so i won't hear anything till tomorrow, just hope its something I'm over looking. Any help is appreciated.
image0.jpeg
I used same Yellow/Grey wire at the plug that went into the stock pump hat on my '19 and it worked. I did have weird issues when first priming it (didn't seem like it was triggering the pumps) so I just used a 12v source to trigger FORE controller to set reg pressures. First couple starts I was manually triggering pumps and then eventually used the yellow/grey again and all was well...

Sorry, not much help, but might be worth a shot to manually trigger pumps.

OP
OP

onefastmf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue
I used same Yellow/Grey wire at the plug that went into the stock pump hat on my '19 and it worked. I did have weird issues when first priming it (didn't seem like it was triggering the pumps) so I just used a 12v source to trigger FORE controller to set reg pressures. First couple starts I was manually triggering pumps and then eventually used the yellow/grey again and all was well...

I could try, but it primes normal and when it’s kind of starting it’s sending power to pumps

Wiggs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I could try, but it primes normal and when it’s kind of starting it’s sending power to pumps
Did you tell Lund you have a return style fuel system? What do you have the DI & Port regulators at?

OP
OP

onefastmf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue
Lund is aware, we double checked, it’s a single regulator and it’s set at 50psi with vac line off

Sponsored

OP
OP

onefastmf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue

So what i tried was running the trigger wire directly to pump number one and the car started almost normal like, so this is the first time it has ran longer than 10 seconds, so walked around and made sure nothing was leaking and this is the crazy part, i have a pressure gauge on the regulator and on the t block that connects to the DI pump, and both of the gauges where reading zero!!!! WTF so the car continued to run for another min or so and then died. after that i could not duplicated it again. How is it possible for it to run that long, that smooth with zero press. This makes no sense, all the other times i see 50psi on both gauges

OP
OP

onefastmf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue
So messed with it again, I found when I start the car with both fuel pumps disconnected, it runs! Wtf and as soon as I plug a pump in it kills it right away, lol check the video, sorry about the quality

Last edited:

Wiggs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
So what i tried was running the trigger wire directly to pump number one and the car started almost normal like, so this is the first time it has ran longer than 10 seconds, so walked around and made sure nothing was leaking and this is the crazy part, i have a pressure gauge on the regulator and on the t block that connects to the DI pump, and both of the gauges where reading zero!!!! WTF so the car continued to run for another min or so and then died. after that i could not duplicated it again. How is it possible for it to run that long, that smooth with zero press. This makes no sense, all the other times i see 50psi on both gauges
That is odd. You sure you have it plumbed correctly? (correct ports on pump hat)

OP
OP

onefastmf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue
That is odd. You sure you have it plumbed correctly? (correct ports on pump hat)
Yes, fore has some very clear illustrations which is nice, and I traced the feed and the return back to the hat, I was thinking maybe I accidentally swapped them but they are good.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Hopefully you fix this before my limitless TT kit gets put on and i meet you at steak and shake on 159th lol

Are you sure you dont have a 12v source shorted to ground which would make it die out when connected?

Sponsored
OP
OP

onefastmf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue
Hopefully you fix this before my limitless TT kit gets put on and i meet you at steak and shake on 159th lol

Are you sure you dont have a 12v source shorted to ground which would make it die out when connected?
yes, I have even run separate power and ground just to make sure.

OP
OP

onefastmf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue
Turns out I’m not retarded!!! Tune was corrupt or and or did not flash correctly, erased old tune and downloaded new one and all good. Thanks all that helped

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Where we meeting up so i can see this thing

OP
OP

onefastmf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue
Got to get this bad boy back together and get some logs in, might see me on 355 making some pulls, lol

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Lmfao.....me too....my lpf twin kit was ordered yesterday, car prob wont be ready til april.....i’m def looking for you by steak and shake.
Sponsored