Heated Steering Wheel?

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Anyone have any issues? mine doesn’t seem to get hot where I can notice it...?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Mine gets noticeably warm quickly.
yeah I’ll check out this a/m.
Mine worked when I first picked the car up because I tried it and now it doesn’t seem too. However I possibly didn’t have the heater controls going and not sure that makes a difference.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Ok tried it out this morning.
Had the heat set to 82. it feels warm but not hot, also heated steering wheel feels lukewarm, not getting hot like it should. I will be making a trip to the dealer on Tuesday.
Also have to have them fix some lights on the passenger door as the door lock like and ambient light is not lighting up.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Unfortunately, the steering wheel doesn't get very hot. Lukewarm sounds correct. Supposedly, you can use ForScan to change the default temperature settings so it gets hotter.

Sponsored

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
Your problem is you live in Florida, it only feels lukewarm because you are spoiled :cwl: up here in Chicago you can tell within 30 seconds that it is working. My sister lives down there and send me pictures all winter of her driving top down. She actually complains it gets too hot in the summer, one day I just may know what that is like.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Unfortunately, the steering wheel doesn't get very hot. Lukewarm sounds correct. Supposedly, you can use ForScan to change the default temperature settings so it gets hotter.
that sucks but hey at least it isn’t an issue

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Are you physically turning on the heated steering wheel on the screen? You don't mention that but mention 82 degrees. Climate and the steering wheel heater are separate.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
In both my 2018 and 2019 the steering wheel gets warm but never hot. Wish it got hotter TBH but that's just the way Ford made it I guess.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
In both my 2018 and 2019 the steering wheel gets warm but never hot. Wish it got hotter TBH but that's just the way Ford made it I guess.
Yeah I’m guessing that’s what it is.
The Ford build quality is horrible

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Yeah I’m guessing that’s what it is.
The Ford build quality is horrible
Eh, it’s not so much the build quality, it’s people complaining in testing. My fiance’s mother has a 2016 Explorer Platinum, its heated steering wheel gets a lot hotter than my 2019 Mustang GT. When I went with her to check out the new 2020 Explorer itS wheel got about as hot as my Mustang - this happened with BMW as well going from <2015 MY cars to 2016+; the heated steering wheel didn’t get as hot with BMW allegedly citing that people were complaining the previous wheel got too hot for their hands, I can only imagine it was something similar with Ford.
To my knowledge, nothing has changed with the actual heating element or physically with the heated wheel itself between years, just the thermometer settings which are controlled electronically. This is why you can use a laptop + forscan to change how hot the steering wheel will get. The smarter move from these manufacturers would be to do what Genesis does and just have 2-3 heat settings for the wheel (this wouldn’t really add to cost with Ford vehicles since the button is digital anyway, and thusly wouldn’t need multiple lights to indicate which heating level you’re set to).

takzGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
raman
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
thats weird coz i think mine gets really hot. i cant stand my heated steering wheel might swap it out for a carbon fiber or something. lol

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
thats weird coz i think mine gets really hot. i cant stand my heated steering wheel might swap it out for a carbon fiber or something. lol
mine is not hot by any means. What year is your car?

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
Mine's a 2019, I wouldn't call it hot, but warm enough to make a huge difference.
Sponsored