ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I hope that fixes it for you. I'd love to hear how it goes once you've finished. They wouldn't tell me what part it was. I assumed it was the control module under the seat but if it's worth a shot of spending $104 for a motor, I'll definitely give that a try.
I replaced the blower unit this morning and now have functioning heated and cooled seats 👍
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
That's awesome. Thanks for updating me. I'll order the part and give it a shot.

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's awesome. Thanks for updating me. I'll order the part and give it a shot.
If you start the car and turn off heating/aircon (and the music 😄) turn on the seat cooling to full and see of you can hear the seat fan blowing . . I couldn't previously but now the fan in the seat can be clearly heard.

Last edited:

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you start the car and turn off heating/aircon (and the music 😄) turn on the heat cooling to full and see of you can hear the seat fan blowing . . I couldn't previously but now the fan in the seat can be clearly heard.
You don't need to remove the seat cushion either - the metal frame that the blower is attached to, can be unclipped and push back so you can access the two torx screws holding in the blower.
Torx.jpg

Brett0098

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
I don't have any heating/cooling functionality on my 19 drivers side either. I also ordered the blower unit and it should be here next week. When I turn on the passenger side I can hear it spin up but nothing on the drivers side. From my understanding there is a blower for the backrest and on the bottom. Are you only replacing the bottom blower? If they are setup the same as the F-150 seats then I believe they would be wired in relay starting from the bottom blower motor which could explain why replacing that one then has both of them working again.

Sponsored

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have any heating/cooling functionality on my 19 drivers side either. I also ordered the blower unit and it should be here next week. When I turn on the passenger side I can hear it spin up but nothing on the drivers side. From my understanding there is a blower for the backrest and on the bottom. Are you only replacing the bottom blower? If they are setup the same as the F-150 seats then I believe they would be wired in relay starting from the bottom blower motor which could explain why replacing that one then has both of them working again.
I replaced only the lower unit (under the seat cushion).

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my blower motor today and a new LH bottom seat take off to fix the already cracked leather. I will update once I install it. I'm hoping this will be the fix for mine as well. Also this seller on eBay has new DU5Z19N550D for a pretty good price..

Screenshot_20240603-200537.png

Screenshot_20240603-201106.png

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I ordered my blower motor today and a new LH bottom seat take off to fix the already cracked leather. I will update once I install it. I'm hoping this will be the fix for mine as well. Also this seller on eBay has new DU5Z19N550D for a pretty good price..

Screenshot_20240603-200537.png

Screenshot_20240603-201106.png
Definitely do a step by step write up if you can on replacing the motor or TED unit…. I don’t think anyone has done one yet and it would certainly help others in the future.

Brett0098

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I replaced the blower unit this morning and still have no functionality of cooled or heated seats. Cannot hear the blower motor turn on just as it was before. I checked all the connections and the fuses and everything looks okay and no burnt fuses. Only thought I have for what to try next is to download forscan to reset the software on the vehicle, I may try this tomorrow unless anyone has any other suggestions.

Brett0098

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I ordered an OBD2 Adapter and it arrived the same day, downloaded Forscan to reset the DTC codes. After that only one code popped up from the SCME (Front Seat Climate Control Module).

Error B14BA - Driver Seat Back Thermal Electric Device
Additional Fault Symptom (:13):
- Circuit Open

Status (-0A):
- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Front Seat Climate Control Module

image_67154177.JPG

I reset the SCME Module and it came right back up with the same error.

Found this TSB while google searching the issue.

1717695399237-0u.png

There is also some technical documentation for front seat operation, useful information for testing pins to the blower motors but if I'm going to take the seat out again to check it ill just go ahead and replace it while I'm there.

I also found this YouTube video which is an excellent guide for testing and replacing the blower motors.

Seems like ill need to be replacing the rear blower motor (GU5Z-19N550-H) as well. I'll check for loose terminal pins when I have the seat out again for the replacement and it may even be that there is just a loose connection leading to the back rest blower. There's another video from the same channel channel showing the replacement of the rear on an F150 which I will be using as a guide.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Watched his video the other day. It was definitely pretty informational. I'm still waiting for my parts. I'll probably have everything by the end of the weekend and will start working on mine.

Brett0098

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully your fix will just be the bottom blower, I'll have to wait another week now for the back rest part. Keep in mind you will need a Torx T50 To remove the seat and T15 for the screws attaching the blower to the metal frame. I also disconnected my battery once I had the seat unbolted and before disconnecting the seat just to steer clear of any protentional airbag issues. It would also help to raise the seat all the way to make it easier to work on.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
I changed out the bottom motor and seat cover. Unfortunately I still don't hear any of the fans kicking on. I guess now I will need to order the back seat fan replacement (GU5Z-19N550-H). Sigh. I was hoping I didn't have to dump too much into this. I guess when I get it I will put on the original bottom blower and if it works I will return that at least for a little money back.

Also be careful with the side/bottom frame T50 bolts (2 on each side). I had one strip out on me because it was seized. First try and it started stripping the head with very little torque. What I would recommend doing is hitting the bolts with either a heat gun, hairdryer or a torch before you try removing them because they have a lot of lock-tite on them. I had to chisel a notch into it to remove out. Once I heated up the rest it wasn't too bad but still questionable when first trying to break them loose. I replaced all for with new 10mm allen bolts.
1000011105.jpg

1000011114.jpg

1000011107.jpg

1000011104.jpg

1000011111.jpg

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, sorry that bottom blower replacement didn't resolve your issue. Yeah those T50 torx bolts were really in there - I used a breaker bar to get them loose. You should be able test your old bottom blower now its out, with a multimeter.
Sponsored