Heat issues: IAT and CHT on 2016 GT with edelbrock Stage 1

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That list of mods is my wishlist. Haven't done them yet. ;)

Yes, that was a unique and awesome experience and I look forward to my next trip in june with a smaller group of 4 Mustangs. I also have a WhatsApp Group of more than 10 Mustangs around and regularly plan 3-4 hour trips around the Eifel and the Nürburgring is just 45 minutes away from here (Bonn). It's a nice place to live and drive around. No need for a race track or drag strips. :)
I missed the "wish list" part of the sentence. I am not totally familiar with the Edlebrock set-up but I assume it has some sort of heat exchanger on it. VMP has a dual set of Spal fans that you can set-up to be switched. I had them on their tripple pass heat exchanger on my GT500 and it worked very well to minimize the heat soaking I had experienced before changing it over. I also went with a Davies Craig pump that moved almost twice as much volume of water as the stock GT500 pump did. When you are running slow speeds, I would run the fans, when at highway speeds and above there's no need.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
A bigger radiatior will help, high altitude means lower air density which robs the unit of cooling ability. Larger capacity gets around this somewhat. It won't fix all your problems, but it will help for sure. I live at elevation and it helped a lot for me, like 10C drop at least in the mountains.