Heads-Up display for S550s

Daveknight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It works entirely off the plug in the steering column. You have to route the wire up to the top part of the dash and then find a place to mount the box. I didn't bolt mine down it's just floating
Sorry auto correct I meant the obd when I look at the installation it seems like you have to have it plug in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Sorry auto correct I meant the obd when I look at the installation it seems like you have to have it plug in.
Nothing goes in your OBD port, the big plug is in the back of the steering wheel then the other box plugs into that. Then you plug the box into the HUD or it may be prewired on the other end i don't entirely remember.
Then all of the information it's entirely contained within the HUD and the box. You can switch from KMH to mPh despite what the website says. The hardest part of the install legit it's lining up the protective film like trying to do a screen protector on a phone

Daveknight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nothing goes in your OBD port, the big plug is in the back of the steering wheel then the other box plugs into that. Then you plug the box into the HUD or it may be prewired on the other end i don't entirely remember.
Then all of the information it's entirely contained within the HUD and the box. You can switch from KMH to mPh despite what the website says. The hardest part of the install legit it's lining up the protective film like trying to do a screen protector on a phone
Awesome thank you I thought that big plus is the obd

16SaleenYellowLabel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label
so I'll say it's definitely nice to have but there's some cons to it.
install was super easy, the display brightness varies sometimes on its own, the tach readout is cool. I said you could see it on a sunny day, this is only the case if you have the little reflective film on the windshield they provided.
really nice to not be staring down at your dash all the time, but i can see where it would get in the way at the track of your line of sight. All in all i give it a 7 out of 10. Still better than not having one IMO
So after doing some digging, I realized that this wouldn't work because of my Saleen guages for my supercharger...So back to square one looking for another HUD

9.jpg

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
So after doing some digging, I realized that this wouldn't work because of my Saleen guages for my supercharger...So back to square one looking for another HUD

9.jpg
You can get the gauge pods that go in the vents like where my boost gauge is to replace your two gauges if you'd like. But i totally understand that takes away from the whole Saleen thing so there's that. But it's up to you of course

16SaleenYellowLabel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label
You can get the gauge pods that go in the vents like where my boost gauge is to replace your two gauges if you'd like. But i totally understand that takes away from the whole Saleen thing so there's that. But it's up to you of course
Good point!
I do want to keep it as factory/original as possible...I will just keep looking for another good HUD that will work
Sponsored