Sponsored

Headlight protection

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Is there a film that will keep my headlights from clouding like every other car that has plastic?
Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

You'd be better off applying a wax or sealer to them periodically. The headlights on my 2015 Canyon are crystal clear, and it sits outside 24/7. I treat them just like I do the paint, and they're holding up great.

paul_g

Yes, Paint Film Protection (PPF) either by 3M, SunTek Ultra or Xpel. All of my cars have a full frontal Suntek Ultra PPF, to include: Bumpers, Lights, Hood, Fenders and mirrors.

This film can add up to 14mil spec of durable, pliable protection from rocks and other debris. Secondly, the three mentioned above have self-healing qualities where light scratches disappear when presented with a heat source (i.e. sunlight). In addition they usually come with a ceramic coating on them so they are protected, easy to clean and vey hydrophobic. The second quality to the coating is UV protection which causes the base clear-coat on the plastic lenses to fade.

Unless you use a ceramic coating on the base lenses, there is no wax or maybe one sealant that offers UV protection...

So yes, there is... You can go to the websites of the brands I mentioned above and each has an engine to find an installer near your location.

Keep in mind, you get what you pay for... The aforementioned products, with installation is not cheap...

Hope this helps.

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
I have the precut Lamix film on my 2018 GT. Have used this film on my other cars as well including a 2006 Gt and a Lincoln MKZ. DIY install and done.

OP
OP

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Good replies, I have used the "wax and seal" on OTM (other than mustang) and its not the best for long term. I'll have a look at those products mentioned. Thank you!!

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I had mine covered when I had the car Clear Bra'd - I think they use Xpel

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
When I had PPF put on my car I also had the head lights done for protection from rocks. Hopefully it will keep the lenses from getting damaged.

boostaddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Premium 6MT
Xpel kit has film that covers headlights, fog, and turn signal lens. One of the first things I did to my Mustang and worth every penny. Plastic headlight lenses are $hit!
Sponsored