Head question(mind out of gutter :P)

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
So i got this 350, replacing the intake cause well it was aluminum and i was super stronk i guess.... (i heard the crack)... Anyways after it was taken off, on if the ports on each head has some damage, intake hasn't been off sine 93?? and its never over heated etc.. anyways.. im thinking i can get good think gaskets and a little RTV? Plan is to LS it eventually, but 2k+ for heads seems dumb if i do that, its like 4-500 to resurface so for a weekend cruiser i think its ok? Thoughts?
PHVC3348.JPG
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Depends on how flat the surface still is. Lay a straight edge across the head and see, the bigger any gap the sketchier it will be.

I've seen hellishly corroded coolant ports seal up with RTV and a quality gasket, so you might get lucky. Won't cost you much to find out. Since it sounds like it's sort of a beater engine I'd give it a shot.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Depends on how flat the surface still is. Lay a straight edge across the head and see, the bigger any gap the sketchier it will be.

I've seen hellishly corroded coolant ports seal up with RTV and a quality gasket, so you might get lucky. Won't cost you much to find out. Since it sounds like it's sort of a beater engine I'd give it a shot.
cool thanks..i thought same. its not really a beater, its a reman engine from 90s w/maybe 3k miles if that. I just dont wanna dump 2k into it if im gonna LS it. I think its been like this whole time...lol

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It should be surfaced, but if you're going to pull it and replace it with an LS....

Reactions: Ock

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I'd check the stampings on the heads. The big valve heads (1.94 or 202) are worth fixing. The others aren't worth the expense. Find some cheap used ones.

Reactions: Ock
OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I'd check the stampings on the heads. The big valve heads (1.94 or 202) are worth fixing. The others aren't worth the expense. Find some cheap used ones.
ya... i did some looking, they are shite heads... going to upgrade heads/cam...
Sponsored