Sponsored

Has anyone tried this badge alternative?

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
Lately I've been running out of patience to get my hands on a howler badge for my RTR front grille. I'm also reluctant to pay the huge markup on the few that come up for sale. Has anyone tried this ebay version? It has a similar look and is supposedly nickel-coated metal with enamel fill.

I just pulled the trigger on the red fill/black background version with the grille mount hardware. I'll report back with photos once it arrives.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grille-Badg...id-/262764595228?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275
Sponsored

Kayva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I picked up that exact emblem. Not bad for the price. Mounting is not as nice as the higher priced one, but it works.

OP
OP
Jmart

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for sharing, that does look pretty good for the price. Seems to be the next best alternative from what I've been able to find.

Spartan_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT/PP M/T
I picked up that exact emblem. Not bad for the price. Mounting is not as nice as the higher priced one, but it works.

How does the provided grill mount work? Do you have a picture of the back of the bumper with the badge attached?

OP
OP
Jmart

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From the ebay photos it looks similar to the Howler approach. Only thing I don't know is if this will fit the hole spacing on my RTR grille.

How does the provided grill mount work? Do you have a picture of the back of the bumper with the badge attached?
badge.jpg

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Two guys in my local car club have had the howlers (latest gen) paint fill completely come off already. It looks like the latest batch are garbage. I would chance the eBay ones.

MGMS550Chick

Muscle Car Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
April
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mag Grey 6spd PP GT
Couldn't hurt to try the Ebay first. I am sure you could re-sell if you weren't happy with it.

Kayva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mine used a double sided tape to attach the plate with the bolts to the actual badge. Seems to be holding fine, but the bolts are not built in to the badge.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
That's the badge I have on my car. I got fed up trying to get a Howler badge from spycity and got the ebay one. Doesnt look as good but they have it in stock and ship quick.

OP
OP
Jmart

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good, and nice car!

Sponsored

smann

Threads