Sponsored

Best way to "friendly" rev in an A10 while in motion?

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Not sure if it had been said already, but if you are in sport mode and push the shifter forward ‘briskly’ without pressing the center button, it will go straight to neutral safely.

I use this method a lot to do a quick rev when im driving. Works beautifully!
Sponsored

Jeezer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Not sure if it had been said already, but if you are in sport mode and push the shifter forward ‘briskly’ without pressing the center button, it will go straight to neutral safely.

I use this method a lot to do a quick rev when im driving. Works beautifully!
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I actually noticed my car do this and was wondering if it was designed to do this or if it is just a weird thing it does. It doesn't do this every time for me. Is there any risk of it going straight past neutral into reverse?

Jeezer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
None. It won't let you while the car is in motion. The lockout is very aggressive. When I'm maneuvering the car, it doesn't like to go back and forth between forward and reverse, usually hesitating unless you are FIRMLY stopped. Other cars I've had have a bit of leeway if you're still slightly rolling.
Good to hear. Thanks for the info. I'd rather find these types of things out the easy way lol.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
While sort of on the topic, is it okay etiquette to rev when you pass a classic mustang? I find myself throwing revs to any car I think is cool and also people I know walking down the street. After my exhaust though, I tend to scare people walking now so I tone it down a wee bit on how aggressive the rev is lol.

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
How to rev an auto. Press the long skinny pedal forcefully to the ground and let off. My car makes a loud belch. Works great. Does this not work for you?

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
After my exhaust though, I tend to scare people walking...
It's not the rev per se that scares people, it's the realization that they are on a sidewalk in front of a Mustang.

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
You didn't need to rev back. Here's all you gotta do. Follow these instructions for next time.

Roll down the window.
Now put your right hand in the middle of the steering wheel and your left hand out of the window. Now simultaneously lay on the horn and shoot those f***ers a middle finger for not driving a Ford. Quickly peel out.
Your post (and a lot of this thread) are captured in this classic scene from The Naked Gun. Zip to 1:15 for the relevant stuff, or watch from the beginning to catch some OJ abuse.
Sponsored