Half shaft safety loops

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
Anyone making them for the S550? My local drag strip is busting my chops for not having them while using slicks.
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Really?

We have busted tens of halfshafts in our project cars over the years and never had the shafts actually come out.

Here is what usually happens:

[ame]

OP
OP
Mikeg4572

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
Yes, they are pretty strict at Wildhorse Raceway. Can you guys help make a set? I would be happy to purchase! I would love to shut the tech guys up. I tried to explain the same thing to them.

Thanks!

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
FWIW - those were the "low" power-rating GForce axles. Never meant for what we put to them. They actually held up well, rated at 850hp...with us making over 1000ftlbs torque. LMAO.

Their beast mode shafts went in afterwards and have held up very well to deep 1.2 sixties with that Camaro.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Yes, they are pretty strict at Wildhorse Raceway. Can you guys help make a set? I would be happy to purchase! I would love to shut the tech guys up. I tried to explain the same thing to them.

Thanks!
Not really man.

The issue is that, "technically" you would need TWO loops per shaft. One on the inner CV and one on the Outer.

This just isn't feasible. Sorry brother!

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Half shaft loops? Huh?! Haha... driveshaft, sure. I guess I haven't been paying attention to drag racing enough to know that theirs red tape there, too. I've watched halfs break twice and all that happened was a noise and no movement of the car. If I were the strip I'd be more worried about grease than the part. Weird...

OP
OP
Mikeg4572

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
It's super annoying, I'm going to fab something up to qualify for the rule book to shut them up

OP
OP
Mikeg4572

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
Not really man.

The issue is that, "technically" you would need TWO loops per shaft. One on the inner CV and one on the Outer.

This just isn't feasible. Sorry brother!
Maybe something like you did for the Viper?
IMG_0584.jpg

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT base with 3.55's
So Wildhorse is giving shit now for half shaft loops? They gave me issues for not having longer wheel studs, and I told them nobody made them yet, but now ARP is, so looks like I need to upgrade, but sheesh half shaft loops? No wonder so many people are going to Tuscon. I'm not even sure where you would mount them to... I have a driveshaft loop installed but Wildhorse is getting really dumb.

OP
OP
Mikeg4572

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
So Wildhorse is giving shit now for half shaft loops? They gave me issues for not having longer wheel studs, and I told them nobody made them yet, but now ARP is, so looks like I need to upgrade, but sheesh half shaft loops? No wonder so many people are going to Tuscon. I'm not even sure where you would mount them to... I have a driveshaft loop installed but Wildhorse is getting really dumb.
Yes, it's ridiculous. I try to abide by all the rules. I installed a driveshaft safety loop as well. It's he same guy who keeps "adding" stuff to tnthe list. I love the Tucson staff, they are very reasonable and rational. Not to mention they run the track very well.

Sponsored

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
insane if its not in the rule book and the tech guy wants to add things before letting you on id find a different track. that kind of stuff really bugs me and its not even that critical.

drive shaft safety loops fine but for cv's since when

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT base with 3.55's
Unfortunately we have a few dousche nozzle techs at Wildhorse Pass Raceway in Phoenix. Next closest track is 100miles away in Tucson. They give everyone crap there if they are not "by the book"... Maybe it has something to do with them thinking their shit don't stink because they are a NHRA national track. Either way it's garbage. I'm not gonna fab something up to race there. If it comes to that, I will just drive to Tucson.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The worst tech inspection I've had was asking me if I have any issues, opening the hood, and signing a piece of paper... goodness.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
FWIW - those were the "low" power-rating GForce axles. Never meant for what we put to them. They actually held up well, rated at 850hp...with us making over 1000ftlbs torque. LMAO.

Their beast mode shafts went in afterwards and have held up very well to deep 1.2 sixties with that Camaro.
Ok that makes me feel better lol. I just picked up the 850 axles and this vid had me pissed for a sec.
Sponsored