Sponsored

H-Pipe recommendations?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'm looking to get rid of the resonator but still want to keep the classic sound, so I'd like to stick with an H-pipe.

Can anyone recommend one? or possibly post clips of their car with H-Pipe only? I tried Youtube but most the clips also have a cat-back and I'm not interested in swapping the catback.
Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I'm looking to get rid of the resonator but still want to keep the classic sound, so I'd like to stick with an H-pipe.

Can anyone recommend one? or possibly post clips of their car with H-Pipe only? I tried Youtube but most the clips also have a cat-back and I'm not interested in swapping the catback.
This is a UK Bullitt with Roush H-pipe. Same exhaust setup. Sorry for the crappy quality.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I just had a local shop make mine. Cost me like 80 bucks to have the res taken off and an Hpipe built and installed.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
American muscle does a really good sound clip for both x and h pipes on you tube. shows throughout the different active exhaust modes and even db levels

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I have yet to hear one where the tone of the stock system is preserved but only made louder by taking the resonator out. Are you searching for loudness or a change in the pitch or both? Recall having the open air configuration on the front end, plus the active exhaust tuning specific to this car, is what sets the stock Bullitt sound apart from the GT. I don't think it's a good comparison to hear how a GT sounds with an H-pipe replacement. Listening to the Bullitt clip above sounds like it got much louder but the tone is not quite as deep. It could be my ears or the way the recording is made.

I get a little "purist-y" on the stock S550 Bullitt exhaust :)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'd prefer if the tone stay the same, or close, but louder. I'm fie with it getting a little bit more of a growl though, long as its deeper and not sounding like some bad rasp. I loved the sound of my Mach1 with an X-pipe and Borla cat-back, but for this I'd like it to be closer to classic muscle if I can. Nice deep, rumble, with as close to that Hollow lope sound as possible.

Lunds Ghost cam sounds nice

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Whether you go X or H you're never going to get the classic muscle car lope sound from a coyote. These engines have an exotic sound thats a total departure from the old school V8... Thats one of my favourite things about my Bullitt, and also why I opted for the X-pipe resonator delete. Dont get me wrong, Im a muscle car guy and the sound of a high lift/long duration cammed pushrod V8 is absolute music to my ears as well.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Whether you go X or H you're never going to get the classic muscle car lope sound from a coyote. These engines have an exotic sound thats a total departure from the old school V8... Thats one of my favourite things about my Bullitt, and also why I opted for the X-pipe resonator delete. Dont get me wrong, Im a muscle car guy and the sound of a high lift/long duration cammed pushrod V8 is absolute music to my ears as well.
Funny you say that. The firing order is the same as the old Ford flat head V-8....one of the many classics. Ford went back to that firing order for the Coyote release in 2011.

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Thats why I said "as close as possible" Not even the older 4.6's could duplicate it in any real way.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I get a little "purist-y" on the stock S550 Bullitt exhaust :)
I have to point out the modified Bullitt in the clip is not mine. I have a very loud GT as a daily and I won't be changing my subtle under the radar Bullitt either

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I’m getting the Steeda H-Pipe... more air flow and if the sound is a tad louder... I’ll turn it to Quiet Mode when starting!!! It’ll be fun fooling around with exhaust!! ...and the Steeda Tune!!!!

Soco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
19 DHG Bullitt, 15 F-150 3.5l EB
Please post an audio clip when you do!
If i could figure out how to upload videos to this site I'd record mine I've had the h pipe on for a few weeks now it sounds great but I've honestly only heard it from inside the car
Sponsored