Sponsored

Guys who ordered the SCHROPP Strut tower brace? Please chime in.... How was your experience?

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
hi guys,

Guys who ordered the SCHROPP Strut tower brace? Please chime in.... How was your experience dealing with them? Especially overseas in Germany? DHL & USPS shipping? & there customer service?

I placed an order with them for the ROUSH strut tower brace a week ago, they shipped it out via DHL and they work in tandem with USPS, or so i have been told. The package is jammed up in Germany with no tracking movement whatsoever.
I emailed them at Schropp, asking them to call DHL and create an inquiry on the package so it can spark a trace and trail, and basically wake up DHL on lack of movement, sometimes that will get the package moving. They seem unwilling to fulfill my request, blaming the lack of movement on DHL. I feel they should be proactive in helping find out what is the deal with the package and call making the inquiry as per USPS rep.
I know for a fact via Fed Ex, if you call a certain amount of times they elevate the package status, creating the inquiry which will get the agents to track that package through there network of stations and put it on track for delivery.
Before i placed order w Schropp, they told me that package delivery does take upto 6 weeks. But the package seems jammed up with ZERO movement in 1 station, which worries me, maybe lost, missing etc.. I am looking to see of my situation is similar to other members who ordered from them here in the states. I am curious before i ask for a REFUND and call it a day. I have ordered from china and packages arrive faster then europe, and the tracking always shows movement, unlike Germany.

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
It must pass customs which might be clogged up a bit right now.

When I ordered the MGW shifter, I was contacted by UPS to supply all kinds of info for customs clearance which I provided within 2 hours. But to be honest the whole delivery was finished within 5 days after MGW sent it on its way with UPS, so not sure if DHL does it differently.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
It must pass customs which might be clogged up a bit right now.

When I ordered the MGW shifter, I was contacted by UPS to supply all kinds of info for customs clearance which I provided within 2 hours. But to be honest the whole delivery was finished within 5 days after MGW sent it on its way with UPS, so not sure if DHL does it differently.
Hey, thanks for reply. I emailed schropp 2x on 2 separate occasions. USPS rep stated to call the sender and have them open an inquiry with DHL and that will start the ball rolling.
So far, schropp hasn't replied to my email about making that call. They have only blamed DHL. I'm hoping they will be proactive and make the call, so I can't have a real idea that package isn't lost or stolen and I'm not sitting and waiting 6 weeks for nothing.. just need a simple update.
Thanks Anthony

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I work for a German company, and can attest to @dx2 comments. Customs is tough, we deal with DHL as well. Expect the delay, but it should show up.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Just about everything is a mess these days! I have several items which are bouncing around the US via FedEx Ground. Won’t mention the sender as not their fault, but package went Georgia to Denver, Colorado. It was scheduled to be delivered to me the next day. NOT. Nothing. Then it showed up in central Pennsylvania still with FedEx. On its way back to me in Colorado but delayed in Kansas City, Missouri. It was rescheduled to arrive today, but with the delay in Kansas City I’m hoping for tomorrow. Hopefully it arrives with no damage!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Just about everything is a mess these days! I have several items which are bouncing around the US via FedEx Ground. Won’t mention the sender as not their fault, but package went Georgia to Denver, Colorado. It was scheduled to be delivered to me the next day. NOT. Nothing. Then it showed up in central Pennsylvania still with FedEx. On its way back to me in Colorado but delayed in Kansas City, Missouri. It was rescheduled to arrive today, but with the delay in Kansas City I’m hoping for tomorrow. Hopefully it arrives with no
Just about everything is a mess these days! I have several items which are bouncing around the US via FedEx Ground. Won’t mention the sender as not their fault, but package went Georgia to Denver, Colorado. It was scheduled to be delivered to me the next day. NOT. Nothing. Then it showed up in central Pennsylvania still with FedEx. On its way back to me in Colorado but delayed in Kansas City, Missouri. It was rescheduled to arrive today, but with the delay in Kansas City I’m hoping for tomorrow. Hopefully it arrives with no damage!!!
Ty 4 reply.. that's just sad man. I understand international delays, but usually the tracking has some type of 411. There has been no update on transit at all, zero movement.
I hope I don't regret making an international purchase. Bad enough, I can't call and speak to them verbally. My only means of communication is email and they don't reply much. So I'm jammed up. I'm most likely gonna cancel the order $270 bucks for this brace, only because I have ROUSH blower clearance issues and Shropp is the only company that builds strut tower brace for it. Otherwise, I would've never made an international purchase.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
That sucks man! Hope it gets worked out. Understand that problems occur, but lack of communications always pi$$e$ me off!!
Ty 4 reply.. that's just sad man. I understand international delays, but usually the tracking has some type of 411. There has been no update on transit at all, zero movement.
I hope I don't regret making an international purchase. Bad enough, I can't call and speak to them verbally. My only means of communication is email and they don't reply much. So I'm jammed up. I'm most likely gonna cancel the order $270 bucks for this brace, only because I have ROUSH blower clearance issues and Shropp is the only company that builds strut tower brace for it. Otherwise, I would've never made an international purchase.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
That sucks man! Hope it gets worked out. Understand that problems occur, but lack of communications always pi$$e$ me off!!
Thanks, appreciate it!!! Same here, COMMUNICATION is key!!! Before i made purchase, communication was perfect, after transaction made it declined. Hoping, they check there email and hit me back. What i shouldve did was made my U.S. military buddies goto there shop and buy brace for me on the spot and ship it to me via FED EX INTERNATIONAL, but i didn't want to bother them.. DHL sucks.............

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
DHL does suck!
Years ago I had a handgun repaired under warranty. The return shipping was with DHL. The package was clearly marked to hand deliver / do NOT leave unattended. Yeah, it spent the afternoon sitting on my front, porch for all the world to see.
I've avoided DHL ever since. I just don't trust them.
Good luck getting your part.

Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Just confirming that it’s probably awaiting customs clearance. I had the same issue ie appeared to be stuck for 5 days with no movement. I emailed the sender and they told me the same thing and to give it a couple more days. Lo and behold two days later I received an email and txt stating it was out for delivery.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
DHL does suck!
Years ago I had a handgun repaired under warranty. The return shipping was with DHL. The package was clearly marked to hand deliver / do NOT leave unattended. Yeah, it spent the afternoon sitting on my front, porch for all the world to see.
I've avoided DHL ever since. I just don't trust them.
Good luck getting your part.
Hi,
Thanks for reply!!! Damnnnnnnn, Geeez!!! That's horrible and deadly dangerous. They truly suck!!! I wouldve paid extra to have it fed ex'ed. They should provide the buyer an option.

Thanks Anthony

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Just confirming that it’s probably awaiting customs clearance. I had the same issue ie appeared to be stuck for 5 days with no movement. I emailed the sender and they told me the same thing and to give it a couple more days. Lo and behold two days later I received an email and txt stating it was out for delivery.

Hello-
Thank you for the reply! I think so, not sure. Its will be going on 2 weeks now and still no movement. Personally, I would not make another international purchase again.... Im done! You are at there mercy, not a good feeling.
Anthony

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Here is an UPDATE!!
Finally got reply from vendor. We shall see.........

Schropp Tuning
Tue, Aug 23, 11:43 AM (23 hours ago)
to me

Hi Anthony,

so I called DHL and they tell me it is way too early to fill in a lost item request.

Please note, this is not DHL express, if it was I would totally agree with you and be all over them.
DHL here in Germany is the regular post office service like USPS is in the US.
I know it is frustrating that you can’t see movement but please believe me, I have been watching the last 10 braces we shipped to the US and it does really take this long at the point of leaving Germany and also when entering the US. But they all arrive. This is why I tell people ahead of ordering to be aware.

We have not considered using Fedex because it would cost as much to ship a brace as the brace itself, nobody would pay that much.
I think I mentioned it in my original mail, it used to just take a week to the US with DHL, but the pandemic messed up everything.

Again, apologies for the long shipping time, but this is really out of our hands.

Best Regards
Ana

Team Schropp

SCHROPP FAHRZEUGTECHNIK e.K.
Peter Schropp
In Schlattwiesen 18
72116 Mössingen
Tel: +49 (0)7473 3793380
Ust-IdNr: DE 232054063
Handelsregister:
Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRA 723299

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
so you placed an order with a company that said it'd take 6 weeks and you're complaining after a week.

okay.
Sponsored