Sponsored

GTPP wheels chipped during tire install

TheGrayRider

Huh...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Black
I didn't spend $40k on a car followed by $1000 on tires to end up with patched wheels because of some ignorant asshole who can't operate a piece of equipment properly and own up to his mistakes. I understand you may have been ok with a patch job but I have worked too hard for this car and put too much love into it to accept half assed work. A year from now when their patch paint wears off and I have huge corroded spots on my wheels I would be up a creek for the wheel cost then.
I know how you feel, I had Discount tire damage one of mine.
They did replace it..
I wasn't going to settle for a patch job...
Good luck....
Sponsored

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The people that fix wheels professionally generally do an excellent job. They don't just spray bomb them and hope for the best.

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Belle tire did this EXACTLY to my wheels...

I went right in.. stated my case... they literally wrote me a check to replace the wheel after showing them an invoice of what they cost me...

then they pulled my lowered G35 up onto a curb and scuffed the front bumper ... i should have learned my lesson the first time...

anyways, just to let everyone know. Belle tire corporate pays out those claims so they will do it ...

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
I had that happen at discount tire. They damaged one of my wheels when they mounted it. They looked at it and immediately ordered me a new wheel. Sounds like that place sucks.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
This is why I don't let anyone drive my car.

If I must have something done like an alignment I drive the car on the rack.

As for wheels I bring the bare wheels and get the tires mounted.

There's a Sears auto near where I live and every employee just goes wot when they need to bring the cars around the back.

Blows my mind.
Sponsored