rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
That's about right on time but more like 2 hours based on my experience. They may be saying that to cushion the time in case harder than expected. Brace is no issue.
did they take the brace off on yours and buy any chance do you have any photos of the muffler fitted? Cheers
Sponsored

Klement1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT convertible
did they take the brace off on yours and buy any chance do you have any photos of the muffler fitted? Cheers
On page 3 of this thread is my Silver GT's install. You can see close ups of both mufflers (including under the brace). Take your iPad / tablet or computer and show them.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
On page 3 of this thread is my Silver GT's install. You can see close ups of both mufflers (including under the brace). Take your iPad / tablet or computer and show them.
Agreed. A few I went to were concerned about the offsets and said it wouldn't work at first then I showed them the pics of the inlets cut off and he 90 degree pipes and they got the idea.

*Edit: Thanks to Boggus for sending me pics of his setup

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. A few I went to were concerned about the offsets and said it wouldn't work at first then I showed them the pics of the inlets cut off and he 90 degree pipes and they got the idea.

*Edit: Thanks to Boggus for sending me pics of his setup
Any chance you could forward me those pics? Cheers

Sponsored

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bad photo but I did get my Dyson V8 fixed today. The repair job consisted of the MRT H pipe and 11/12 GT500 Mufflers installed today. Awesome sound and what I wanted, it's about 30% louder than stock and has no drone. The tone is a bit more on the exotic side (kinda like the Corsa Sport). Just enough volume so that when the tops down you can hear it but not intrusive. Will get a sound clip tomorrow.

Big thanks to all the people here for the tips especially [MENTION=27357]Klement1[/MENTION]
IMG_0824.JPG.jpeg

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Nice,glad it worked out. Fitment looks good also. I need to get mine moved up high and tight to the openings.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
My gt500 axle backs should be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully I can get them installed before the new year. So far the exhaust shops I've called are giving me the "it's difficult" runaround.

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
My gt500 axle backs should be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully I can get them installed before the new year. So far the exhaust shops I've called are giving me the "it's difficult" runaround.
Got the exact same response from everyone here but pushed this guy and he came through.

xmodem240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT premium auto
Wondering on doing this myself. Anyone care to input on the loudness compared to a roush axle back and xpipe? This is my current combo and i love how fucking loud it is, but the rasp is too much. Im thinking of doing this if it keeps the loudness but dampens the rasp.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering on doing this myself. Anyone care to input on the loudness compared to a roush axle back and xpipe? This is my current combo and i love how fucking loud it is, but the rasp is too much. Im thinking of doing this if it keeps the loudness but dampens the rasp.
This is definitely, definitely quite a bit quieter than the Roush AB and resonator delete (which is the loudest you can put on the car with stock cats).

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
Bad photo but I did get my Dyson V8 fixed today. The repair job consisted of the MRT H pipe and 11/12 GT500 Mufflers installed today. Awesome sound and what I wanted, it's about 30% louder than stock and has no drone. The tone is a bit more on the exotic side (kinda like the Corsa Sport). Just enough volume so that when the tops down you can hear it but not intrusive. Will get a sound clip tomorrow.

Big thanks to all the people here for the tips especially [MENTION=27357]Klement1[/MENTION]
Looks good. My tips don't stick out as far. Also mine don't stick as far up into the bumper. The space around the tips are more even rather than collapsed at the top. Easier to polish around the tip.

Do you have anything else done? I ask because you say the sound is more exotic. I have the same setup and it's a convertible. Mine is more muscle car, more Mustang sound, which is why I picked the setup. In fact that's what I tell others what it has over most systems out there. The sound is reminiscent of the the Foxbody 5.0 or the SN95/Cobra era. People say they can't get the older sound and I tell them about this setup.

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Looks good. My tips don't stick out as far. Also mine don't stick as far up into the bumper. The space around the tips are more even rather than collapsed at the top. Easier to polish around the tip.

Do you have anything else done? I ask because you say the sound is more exotic. I have the same setup and it's a convertible. Mine is more muscle car, more Mustang sound, which is why I picked the setup. In fact that's what I tell others what it has over most systems out there. The sound is reminiscent of the the Foxbody 5.0 or the SN95/Cobra era. People say they can't get the older sound and I tell them about this setup.
Its stock and yeah I kind of agree with you but after putting some more miles on it I feel like it sound like a tame hot rod (Deep and Hollow Sounding but still got scream too it). I wouldn't be able to compare it to those cars since I'm in aus. Its NO where near as loud as the Roush X Pipe. Its definitely one of the quieter systems but perfect for the convertible.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Took it to another shop that was recommended by a few performance shops which don't do exhausts, and got more of the same "not sure it's do-able" bull. I gotta go back tomorrow to see their "top guy"... hopefully he's more open minded than the owner of the place. They don't seem to want my money.

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Took it to another shop that was recommended by a few performance shops which don't do exhausts, and got more of the same "not sure it's do-able" bull. I gotta go back tomorrow to see their "top guy"... hopefully he's more open minded than the owner of the place. They don't seem to want my money.
Take it to a shop with an old man. All the "fancy" shops give you a whole lot of shit. The guy I took it too has been doing exhaust for 30 year besides him telling me that the GT500 mufflers flow like shit he did a amazing job on it. He also put a flange with two bolts so I can take them off if I want. Make sure this is the sound you want as the videos aren't too close to the real deal. It's a very hollow and deep tone there's definetly some rasp with it though. It's not that much louder than stock.
Sponsored