OP
OP
km1075

km1075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 C63s, 2020 GT350 HEP
did i talk to you at the GPS event and you were in the ‘20 HEP? I was in my gt500
I assume that's your GT350 dedicated race car in your pic - looks awesome.
Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I haven't run Gingerman yet this year, but during the closing weekend last October my best time was 1:51. Just trying to find those last 10 seconds (I know it's a slow time, I'm working on it). I know I brake too soon on most corners, but I also know that on certain corner exits, my acceleration is sluggish, hence the question.
oh yeah... depending on tires our cars can do 1:37/1:38 for sure, so pretty sure it's the slow entry that is hurting you coming out of the corners.... what tires are you running?

I'll see if i can find a vid of a good lap for you

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
This was on supercar 3 goodyears... the way I do 10B isn't optimal but it works for me as I would brake earlier and over-slow when I try to enter all the way to the left like most people do... hopefully it will help you see what kind of corner/entry speeds work in 3rd.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
I assume that's your GT350 dedicated race car in your pic - looks awesome.
it should be done by june. I will take you out the next time you are down

OP
OP
km1075

km1075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This was on supercar 3 goodyears... the way I do 10B isn't optimal but it works for me as I would brake earlier and over-slow when I try to enter all the way to the left like most people do... hopefully it will help you see what kind of corner/entry speeds work in 3rd.

Thanks a lot! Appreciate it. I run FP Cup 2s. Haven't deviated from OEM tires.

Sponsored

OP
OP
km1075

km1075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Which data logging equipment do you use to overlay with the video? I'll be out a Gingerman next Monday, I'll be watching this plenty of times over the next week. Thanks again.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Which data logging equipment do you use to overlay with the video? I'll be out a Gingerman next Monday, I'll be watching this plenty of times over the next week. Thanks again.
I use AIM solo 2 dl for the timer, it pulls data from the odbii port, and a AIM smartycam for video, which pulls all the overlay info from the solo 2 dl. Pricey stuff, but it's usually pretty seamless to use.

the new garmin unit is really good too, especially for newer more inconsistent drivers as it can give you decent coaching after each session with tips based on what you did differently each lap. cheaper all in one solution, but no odbii data yet. Not sure the odbii data is really that useful for me though, i'm too lazy to dig thru it too deeply to figure out where i could be faster.

let us know how it goes!

OP
OP
km1075

km1075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use AIM solo 2 dl for the timer, it pulls data from the odbii port, and a AIM smartycam for video, which pulls all the overlay info from the solo 2 dl. Pricey stuff, but it's usually pretty seamless to use.

the new garmin unit is really good too, especially for newer more inconsistent drivers as it can give you decent coaching after each session with tips based on what you did differently each lap. cheaper all in one solution, but no odbii data yet. Not sure the odbii data is really that useful for me though, i'm too lazy to dig thru it too deeply to figure out where i could be faster.

let us know how it goes!

I improved a little bit. I should have watched your video more before I was out there. Your video is really helpful in seeing your braking points and acceleration points. I had full confidence that I was going to break into the 1:40s but my check-engine light came on (and then off) and that made me hesitant to finish the day. (took to dealer and found code P052c. dealer followed a TSB to reprogram and hopefully cure the issue.)