GT350 Intake with Strut Tower Brace ?

Ruby5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT, 50th Anniversary, Ruby Red
I'm thinking about getting the Performance Pack 3 from a supplier (not Ford as they want too much) and am wondering if the GT350 intake manifold that comes with the kit will fit under the strut tower brace. Can anyone who has done this or just installed the intake let me know whether it will clear ? If anyone has done this upgrade, do you think the HP/Torque gains were worth the money ? Also, is there any advantage as far as horsepower gains to also adding a catback exhaust system or is the HP increase negligible as opposed to the stock exhaust ? I don't want to put headers on the car at this time. If I ultimately go to a Whipple SC down the road I would do it then. Thanks for the advise ! :beer:
Sponsored

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I'm thinking about getting the Performance Pack 3 from a supplier (not Ford as they want too much) and am wondering if the GT350 intake manifold that comes with the kit will fit under the strut tower brace. Can anyone who has done this or just installed the intake let me know whether it will clear ? If anyone has done this upgrade, do you think the HP/Torque gains were worth the money ? Also, is there any advantage as far as horsepower gains to also adding a catback exhaust system or is the HP increase negligible as opposed to the stock exhaust ? I don't want to put headers on the car at this time. If I ultimately go to a Whipple SC down the road I would do it then. Thanks for the advise ! :beer:
Not sure if you are looking to keep the warranty that the ford performance kit provides but if not have you considered the 18 intake. You can probably get a ported 18 intake for less than a gt350 intake and make more power and a lot more torque. Then you have plenty of left over money to get better tunes from other companies. I would say an e85 tune but being from central Florida I know how hard it is to find around here.

OP
OP
Ruby5.0

Ruby5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT, 50th Anniversary, Ruby Red
17Magnetic5.0 and Bluelightning, I appreciate the responses. Good to know it will clear. On the ported 18 intake, I would still have to buy the bigger throttle body, and CAI from someone along with the tune/s, so I'm not sure if it would save me that much or not. I can get the Perf. Pack 3 for under $2k. Not sure what the tune is like from Ford, but suspect it is probably pretty conservative. I have to also consider the warranty, like you said. Even though my 3 year/36K warranty is out, I have an extended warranty that will cover everything for an additional 2 years, which takes me out till Dec 2020. The other factor, as you mentioned, is the lack of E85. I live in Titusville, which is pitiful when it comes to about everything, including fuel like E85. They simply don't sell it over here. I would have to find a station in Orlando and I don't drive the car that much. I might be able to find a place down in Melbourne, as I do go there often.

Anyone have any advice on the catback exhaust install ? Has anyone actually seen any HP/torque gains from installing one without headers ? While I like a good sounding exhaust note as well as the next guy, unless there are gains to be had, I can't see spending the money. I'd rather put it in wheels and tires. Thanks again for the advice !!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
No, you don't need a bigger throttle body for the 18 intake manifold. Throttle body size is the same. GT350 throttle body makes no more power. However, if you are choosing the FP PP3 for warranty reasons that's another story. There are "some" gains from a catback but not significant enough to affect your decision making. Do it for sound not for making more power.

I am a fan of the GT350 manifold and intake. But $2K is a lot of money for that. You can do better for less by doing aftermarket tune, 18IM and CAI. But if warranty is your gripe that's a different story as I said before.
Sponsored