unavailableGT350

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 White with Blue Stripes
I remember that and mine did it as well off of the show floor. I got lucky though and they were able to align it correctly the first time. But, I know a lot were in your situation and did not get so lucky. It is definitely a crapshoot/luck on how good the dealer/tech is at fixing your car.
Well, my M3 had more problems. The headlights flopped on bumps. It was like driving a ghetto car. The drivers door would lock itself OPEN. I had to drive home with the door open. Can you imagine what I had to do to hold the door on a right turn, clutch, shift, brake, steer, gas pedal. It was CRAP! Tires wearing out, the car pulling constantly, and actually if i ever let go of the wheel for a second, it would shoot across the freeway. I hated the car.

I sold it and go the Mustang GT...and it didn't do any of those things.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Well, my M3 had more problems. The headlights flopped on bumps. It was like driving a ghetto car. The drivers door would lock itself OPEN. I had to drive home with the door open. Can you imagine what I had to do to hold the door on a right turn, clutch, shift, brake, steer, gas pedal. It was CRAP! Tires wearing out, the car pulling constantly, and actually if i ever let go of the wheel for a second, it would shoot across the freeway. I hated the car.

I sold it and go the Mustang GT...and it didn't do any of those things.
I've been lucky with the 6 BMWs I and my family have had. But, I can definitely see why you wouldn't buy another after that and your dealer experience.

I was heading there with Ford, but the way this turned out it has changed my mind now. Assuming I have a better year with the GT350 than I did last year. I know cars are going to have issues, my thing is, is how does the dealer and company respond to those problems.

unavailableGT350

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, I have what you have a, 2016 Tech Pack and using 1 qt per 543 miles. I added the 3 quarts on last Thursday and going to drive for 543 miles just easy 6 gear freeway driving so I can do a bench test and see if it just my hard driving of the car. It makes sense, 11 miles to the gallon, 5000 rpms+ all the time, it just might burn a little more oil.
Small benchmark update:

I have put 160 miles (120 miles today) on the car since i filled up the oil. Most all freeway miles in 6 gear at 60-65 mph. No high revs, shifting at 4k rpms. Really just "road Trip" kinda driving. I got 24.5 miles to the gallon and no oil usage at all when it has been a 1/4 of a quart in that amount of miles.

I am kinda excited about the close to 25 miles to the gallon. What!!! And I have to pay the gas guzzler tax!! That is crap....that doesn't sound like a gas guzzler.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Small benchmark update:

I have put 160 miles (120 miles today) on the car since i filled up the oil. Most all freeway miles in 6 gear at 60-65 mph. No high revs, shifting at 4k rpms. Really just "road Trip" kinda driving. I got 24.5 miles to the gallon and no oil usage at all when it has been a 1/4 of a quart in that amount of miles.

I am kinda excited about the close to 25 miles to the gallon. What!!! And I have to pay the gas guzzler tax!! That is crap....that doesn't sound like a gas guzzler.
Didn't you initially say you were getting 11mpg? That's why the tax, lol. Are you resetting the avg mpg calculator while cruising on the highway to come up with 25mpg? Because that just isn't realistic, the 5mpg you get accelerating up to highway speed is sure to bring that figure down. I am getting 17.5mpg, 75% highway, over the past 1200 miles.

unavailableGT350

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn't you initially say you were getting 11mpg? That's why the tax, lol. Are you resetting the avg mpg calculator while cruising on the highway to come up with 25mpg? Because that just isn't realistic, the 5mpg you get accelerating up to highway speed is sure to bring that figure down. I am getting 17.5mpg, 75% highway, over the past 1200 miles.
Yes, the 11 is NO highway at all, all traffic lights and high revs to the next light. 11 is the lowest so far. I have not been on any extended 6 gear driving.

Sponsored

unavailableGT350

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small benchmark update:

Update 01/3/17

My "highway only Miles" is now at 300 and what has been burning 1qt for 543 miles now has burned nothing at all. So we shall see.

Sterfry7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sterling
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Orange Fury
Look, I appreciate what you are saying, but it is not my job to figure out Ford's issues. I do not have the time nor desire to go find an independent mechanic and drop my car off etc. What is an independent mechanic going to find out that Ford doesn't already know? Or are you saying that Ford really isn't working on the problem? If that is the case then that is a completely different issue.

Ford has a contractual duty to fix my car. I have not modified it or abused it so I have held up my end of the bargain. If they cannot in a timely manner or flat out refuse to do so then that is what lawyers are for. I really don't want to go down that road. I've only hired a lawyer once and that was to file my wife and I's will. I love the car and really don't want anything else. But no way in hell am I going to check my oil every third day and add a quart every other week (or more) on a brand new car with a warranty. This is really up to Ford and they are forcing me (and I'm guessing others) into a corner. They are handling many issues with his car very poorly at best and possibly illegally at worst.
I'm in this boat now. My 2018 GT350 used 3 quarts in the last 600 miles during my oil consumption test. 10,800 miles on the clock, no track days, and I did the break-in per the manual.

Fomoco will authorize my local dealer to perform an engine teardown in a few days, at which point Ford will suggest repair or an engine swap.
Sponsored