Sponsored

GT350 announcement date thoughts

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
So this really hasnt been explored in a bit but where is the rumor mill on when we will see the producton version of this car? LA in novemeber, I am very curious to get some basiline specs, pricing and options info. we got a few hints when the mustang ordering info popped into CONCEPS.
Sponsored

Dyno

My guess would be LA in Nov or Detroit show next Jan. I'd love to see a preview (even if it is partially camo'd) on the track next month.

As for options from the CONCEPS we get a basic idea:

One question for me when looking at this is just how track focused this is supposed to be? The Boss 302 didn't come with an option for NAV, smokers package etc. Pretty bare bones in terms of available options which made sense for the target audience. I am hoping the GT350 is similar.

OP
OP

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
My guess would be LA in Nov or Detroit show next Jan. I'd love to see a preview (even if it is partially camo'd) on the track next month.

One question for me when looking at this is just how track focused this is supposed to be? The Boss 302 didn't come with an option for NAV, smokers package etc. Pretty bare bones in terms of available options which made sense for the target audience. I am hoping the GT350 is similar.
What I am hoping is the GT350 will be many things, the ability to be a stripper for the hardcore fan with the track pack and for those like me the ability to sit on the line in between and still give me nav and some of the other comfort options if i decide to try and get one. I am going to assume that the tech pack is the MFT screen and some of the other things that come with GT premium and the nav (91N) is the same as GT premiums

Dyno

Yea they got rid of the tech pack for the regular models so maybe it is just a placeholder. Who knows if these are really accurate but I see it and just think dollar signs. If the Boss came with these it would have commanded a higher price tag even if you didn't check those boxes.

Another concern is weight of course. While the S550 weight gain was minimal, they are going to be fighting for every ounce after adding all the extra performance upgrades and possibly bigger engine. It's unrealistic to expect that you can buy it as a stripped down version and also one that can be optioned with premium features. Nothing against creature comforts but as possibly the only true track focused car for the S550 for at least a few years, I would rather they err on the side of lightly optioned.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Was the boss even available in leather? That one even throws me for a bit of a loop...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

OP
OP

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Yea they got rid of the tech pack for the regular models so maybe it is just a placeholder. Who knows if these are really accurate but I see it and just think dollar signs. If the Boss came with these it would have commanded a higher price tag even if you didn't check those boxes.

Another concern is weight of course. While the S550 weight gain was minimal, they are going to be fighting for every ounce after adding all the extra performance upgrades and possibly bigger engine. It's unrealistic to expect that you can buy it as a stripped down version and also one that can be optioned with premium features. Nothing against creature comforts but as possibly the only true track focused car for the S550 for at least a few years, I would rather they err on the side of lightly optioned.
well if that information is at least somewhat correct they plan to offer leather seats which would mean they have some thought to extending elements of the premium trim to the GT350 or at least making those elements optional. I dont think there will be a true "stripped down version" unless they do a laguna seca type model "GT350R". by stripped down i meant base interior and trim. which they could easily have two levels of trim just like the GTs.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Wonder how long it will be before those screenshots are taken down?

Dyno

well if that information is at least somewhat correct they plan to offer leather seats which would mean they have some thought to extending elements of the premium trim to the GT350 or at least making those elements optional. I dont think there will be a true "stripped down version" unless they do a laguna seca type model "GT350R". by stripped down i meant base interior and trim. which they could easily have two levels of trim just like the GTs.
I guess it really depends no price point. I don't see a 60k+ niche limited edition having two trim levels AND a "R" version. I say offer a few minor packages like the Boss and call it a day. The GT+PP should be enough for most people who are not heavily into tracking their cars.

Wonder how long it will be before those screenshots are taken down?
It's been up for 4 months now, doubt they care anymore :)

OP
OP

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
I guess it really depends no price point. I don't see a 60k+ niche limited edition having two trim levels AND a "R" version. I say offer a few minor packages like the Boss and call it a day. The GT+PP should be enough for most people who are not heavily into tracking their cars.

It's been up for 4 months now, doubt they care anymore :)
Unless, as has been rumored, the GT350 is to take the place of the Boss 302 and GT500 so ford would expect sales demand inline with the GT500. Plus considering all the work on the interior trim levels has already been done for the regular cars it wouldn't be much work at all to add trim levels. in fact creating a stripped down version would require the most R+D rather than just plucking the GT premium interior as is and adding special SVT seats. its pretty clear the premium interior is the flagship for the mustang program and shows off many of the design elements like the toggle switches for instance. i dont see how they dont offer the GT350 without the premium stack as an option.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
What I am hoping is the GT350 will be many things, the ability to be a stripper for the hardcore fan with the track pack and for those like me the ability to sit on the line in between and still give me nav and some of the other comfort options if i decide to try and get one. I am going to assume that the tech pack is the MFT screen and some of the other things that come with GT premium and the nav (91N) is the same as GT premiums
I hope they offer the GT350 in a few different flavors as well. One for the street (with comfort and tech features) and one for the track (bare bones) but still streetable.

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I hope they offer the GT350 in a few different flavors as well. One for the street (with comfort and tech features) and one for the track (bare bones) but still streetable.
I agree. Having a version with plenty of available features will make the car a viable alternative to the likes of the Porsche and M4. I don't think a track-focused stripper would be cross-shopped as much by those types of buyers.

Swamp Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Liberty
My order would be as below. High performance road trip fun mobile. :headbang:

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Unless, as has been rumored, the GT350 is to take the place of the Boss 302 and GT500 so ford would expect sales demand inline with the GT500. Plus considering all the work on the interior trim levels has already been done for the regular cars it wouldn't be much work at all to add trim levels. in fact creating a stripped down version would require the most R+D rather than just plucking the GT premium interior as is and adding special SVT seats. its pretty clear the premium interior is the flagship for the mustang program and shows off many of the design elements like the toggle switches for instance. i dont see how they dont offer the GT350 without the premium stack as an option.
I don't think I've seen these rumors.

I certainly don't think the GT350 will be taking the place of the GT500. It won't have nearly enough power and IMO will be more like the Boss 302 and will be more track focused. Maybe it will have some luxury options as well, but I don't see it getting the power necessary to be a GT500 replacement.

I would like to see a version with two-piece brakes, lightweight seats (maybe the Recaros as standard), a CF/Plastic drive shaft, a bit more power with a higher redline, excellent cooling (oil, transmission, brake, in addition to engine), and a very well balanced suspension. Maybe some wight reduction attempts like aluminum front fenders in addition to the existing aluminum hood.

Really looking forward to the reveal. Those ring videos and photos are awesome!

-T

OP
OP

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
I don't think I've seen these rumors.

I certainly don't think the GT350 will be taking the place of the GT500. It won't have nearly enough power and IMO will be more like the Boss 302 and will be more track focused. Maybe it will have some luxury options as well, but I don't see it getting the power necessary to be a GT500 replacement.

I would like to see a version with two-piece brakes, lightweight seats (maybe the Recaros as standard), a CF/Plastic drive shaft, a bit more power with a higher redline, excellent cooling (oil, transmission, brake, in addition to engine), and a very well balanced suspension. Maybe some wight reduction attempts like aluminum front fenders in addition to the existing aluminum hood.

-T
as in 50-60k top dog mustang, without a GT500 in the lineup there will be a whitespace that a GT350 with comfort options should occupy, in my opinion, to appeal to a GT500 type customer who will likely favor the style of having a shelby over the actual HP numbers.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Maybe some wight reduction attempts like aluminum front fenders in addition to the existing aluminum hood.

-T
I thought the 2015 GT has aluminum front fenders with the hood?
Sponsored