Sponsored

GT Performance Pack vs Non Performance Pack Suspension Difference

samcrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Ok, I know that the Performance Pack has better brakes, staggard wheels, a different gear ratio/diff, but regarding JUST the suspension components:

Can I buy the K-Member and will it make that much of a difference?
Are the Shocks/Struts any different that the non PP car?
Are the sway bars different on the PP car?
Are the rear brakes any different on the PP/non PP cars?

I have a non PP car, and want to tidy up the suspension just a little bit; I did full Koni Yellows and lowering springs on my last Mustang and the Koni Yellows were overkill for me (I don't track the car). I feel like doing just lowering springs and maybe IF the PP sway bars are different I'd consider throwing a set on. Otherwise it handles 100x better than the last gen Mustang; could lose a little of the body roll though. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I'm interested to know as well since I have an auto GT premium with the standard 18" wheels. I have a full set of PP wheels and tires for it as well. Good question!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't forget the strut bar on the PP. I've heard quite a few people say the non PP cars drive way better. May not be best for tracking, but that's what I've heard.

OP
OP

samcrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Don't forget the strut bar on the PP. I've heard quite a few people say the non PP cars drive way better. May not be best for tracking, but that's what I've heard.
Yeah I've heard the other ones might be a little harsh. Mine rides really nice I think but just a tad soft (literally a very small amount). The springs will probably help that out. I don't feel like I need to get adjustable dampers on this one.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have to say I'm really happy with the way it is.

Sponsored

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Here is what is different suspension wise off the top of my head:

Springs
Struts
Upper Strut Mounts
Bump Stops
Shocks
Sway bars
Toe Rods (But most non-pp cars have the PP toe rods)
Front Radius Control Arm
Front Lower Control Arm
Strut Tower Brace and K brace
Engine belly pan and brace

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been told by Ford Racing tech that the full street kit is equal to the PP and the full track kit is a track use upgrade.

craig.martell

Threads
Reaction score
Central Coast of CA (20 min from Laguna Seca :-)
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Ingot Silver, 3.55, Black Appearance
I've been told by Ford Racing tech that the full street kit is equal to the PP and the full track kit is a track use upgrade.
Correct. The street pack is equivalent to the PP except it also includes progressive lowering springs 5300-X. I am putting this pack on my base GT this weekend.

Craig

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Yes the Ford racing track pack is an upgrade from the PP. I am waiting for this to get shipped to me.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let's keep this thread going guys, I'm really interested to know your thoughts post install of both kits, ok? Thanks!

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for starting it Samcrac.

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Ok, I know that the Performance Pack has better brakes, staggard wheels, a different gear ratio/diff, but regarding JUST the suspension components:

Can I buy the K-Member and will it make that much of a difference?
Are the Shocks/Struts any different that the non PP car?
Are the sway bars different on the PP car?
Are the rear brakes any different on the PP/non PP cars?

I have a non PP car, and want to tidy up the suspension just a little bit; I did full Koni Yellows and lowering springs on my last Mustang and the Koni Yellows were overkill for me (I don't track the car). I feel like doing just lowering springs and maybe IF the PP sway bars are different I'd consider throwing a set on. Otherwise it handles 100x better than the last gen Mustang; could lose a little of the body roll though. Thanks for the help!
Aren't the Yellows more hardcore than the Orange? Is there an Orange? Not familiar with Konis but I remember they had 2 different sets for the 11-14. You didn't like the ride? Too bumpy? Harsh? Aggressive? What I have gathered so far from reading the suspension threads, most have kept the stock front PP struts and replaced only the rear shocks to get rid of the "bounciness" from the shocks. Which is not a PP thing because I remember my 15 non-PP had this wobbly/bouncy feeling when driving too. I may try just springs and shocks replacement when my 16 comes in. I also do not want that harsh of a ride since it will be my daily. My 12 was on BC coilovers and rear springs, the ride was decent to an extent but on really crappy roads it was horrible.

JC'sGT5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT, PP
I have a 2016 with the Perf. Pkg. I have been wanting to lower the car so I have been trying to figure out what springs etc. I have been emailing with Kelly at BMR and he said he designed the #SP080 lowering springs to work very well with the PP springs. Basically he said there was no real need to upgrade the struts / shocks from the PP ones to something like the Konis. Hope this gives some extra or different info.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I have a 2016 with the Perf. Pkg. I have been wanting to lower the car so I have been trying to figure out what springs etc. I have been emailing with Kelly at BMR and he said he designed the #SP080 lowering springs to work very well with the PP springs. Basically he said there was no real need to upgrade the struts / shocks from the PP ones to something like the Konis. Hope this gives some extra or different info.
This^. l thought about going with one of the FRPP packages but l'm now leaning toward the BMR minimal lowering springs since the linear spring rates of the BMR's aren't too aggressive and are relatively close to the stock spring rates, plus this way l can retain the use of the stock dampers. In my younger years l would just slap on any set of aftermarket springs and not give a second thought to the dampers being used. But understanding it is a system and they're designed to work together why wouldn't you want a proper handling ride along with the look that goes with it?:shrug::thumbsup:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my younger years, I'd swap out the stock struts and or shocks with some KYB, Bilstein or Koni and call it a day.
Sponsored