GT front disk brakes size

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Car is going into Ford to check the disks for warping and to see if they will rectify under warranty. If they don't I will replace with something aftermarket. Probably EBC, thoughts?. Wanted confirmation of the size, I'm thinking they are 380mm car is 2016 GT
Thanks.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Car is going into Ford to check the disks for warping and to see if they will rectify under warranty. If they don't I will replace with something aftermarket. Probably EBC, thoughts?. Wanted confirmation of the size, I'm thinking they are 380mm car is 2016 GT
Thanks.
i run EBC yellowstuff pads and ebc slotted discs. If i had the GT i'd stick with the brembo pads and discs as they're actually very good!

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks.
I doubt they will warranty them , they are considered a “wear” item after this length of time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
I doubt they will warranty them , they are considered a “wear” item after this length of time.
My thoughts too, car only had 6k miles when I raised it. Ford want 100 plus vat just to inspect

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
My thoughts too, car only had 6k miles when I raised it. Ford want 100 plus vat just to inspect
take it to quikfit or halfrauds they do free brake checks get them to put into writing that the problem is "manufacturing defect" or "premature wearing due to xyz" something like that then go to ford

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
take it to quikfit or halfrauds they do free brake checks get them to put into writing that the problem is "manufacturing defect" or "premature wearing due to xyz" something like that then go to ford
Now that's interesting! They really do free brake checks? I've got until Oct to rectify so could cancel this Thursday and get a brake check done. It's not a case of them doing it for free as long as you have the work done there?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Capture.PNG
i think they're totally free regardless if the kwikfit website is to be believed

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
Presuming you don't get anywhere with Ford then it might be worth considering Pedders brake discs and pads. Much cheaper than the Ford OE parts and based on our experience of their other parts the quality should be very good. The discs are one piece drilled and slotted (so handed) and £188 each. Front pads from Pedders are £104 a set so less than half the price of Ford pads.

Sponsored
OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
@hinch I owe you a beer pal, I am so grateful - I have booked in tomorrow at 230pm, thinking they wont be open much later so I will stay while they do it and go out on any test drive.This is going to save me 100 plus vat which ford wanted which can go towards a set of discs. This foruum is so good for advice. Thank you everyone

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Presuming you don't get anywhere with Ford then it might be worth considering Pedders brake discs and pads. Much cheaper than the Ford OE parts and based on our experience of their other parts the quality should be very good. The discs are one piece drilled and slotted (so handed) and £188 each. Front pads from Pedders are £104 a set so less than half the price of Ford pads.
Ive never heard of Pedders - Are Ford pads really 200 quid?!! and disks 400 each?!!! Im going to look to see where I can find a set of these, do Pedders disks compare to EBC and the likes?

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
Ive never heard of Pedders - Are Ford pads really 200 quid?!! and disks 400 each?!!! Im going to look to see where I can find a set of these, do Pedders disks compare to EBC and the likes?
Yes Ford parts are really surprisingly costly - Pedders are an Australian company and do really good suspension products - we can supply the Pedders parts so drop us a line if you decide to go down that route.

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Thanks Dave, the ones I have seen online say slotted and dimpled so assume these are what you sell?
Sponsored