GT front disk brakes size

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks Dave, the ones I have seen online say slotted and dimpled so assume these are what you sell?
Sorry yes dimpled not drilled - those are the ones. They're not on our online store yet but we can easily supply or supply and fit just drop me a message.
Sponsored

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Well comfirmed it's warped disks. They put it on the brake tester and had an app that looks for intolerance and they are miles out. I filmed it but the file is to large to put on here. They are sending me a quote also. Wonder if ford will accept thus as evidence or if ill still have pay them to strip down and do there own assessment

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Shouldn't have any trouble getting them to refund the inspection cost if their findings are the same.

That said, Kaptianglazam or whatever is name is had his clutch explode and was quite clearly a manufacturing issue and Ford told him to take a hike so....

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Guess I could just phone ford myself and cut out have farrow ford in forestry strip them down. If they tell me to do one she will be treated to a set of pedders discs and pads. Kwikfit did say my pads have 8 to 9 mm left new they would have been 11 but seems daft not to swap at the same time. On a separate note anyone tried getting tyres ? Michelin have an 8 to 12 week wait for rears

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
camskill.co.uk have them in stock i ordered some the other day

Sponsored

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Says no stock for mp4s

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i must have got the last 2 then ... sorry :)
275 mps4s for the front and 305 mpss for rear's

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Running bigger wheels? Monster rears those

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
just adding to my parts stash ready for when i get chance to strip the car down and install it all
hopefully this year but the way things are going so far it could well be next :(

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
So I phoned Ford directly and I've been told the dealer still has to do a strip down and assess the brakes before they can raise the question of warranty. Madness when it's confirmed it's discs badly warped.

Sponsored
OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Well the car is with Furrows Ford in Oswestry today for the brake disc inspection. They have rang to say its the nearside wheel bearing that is causing the vibration and will be replaced under warranty. I explained I have videos from Kwikfit showing the front discs having variations in thickness and when they tested the rears it was perfect so I dont quite beleive it yet. I guess this is being done for free so once done they can check to see if the vibration on braking is cured or not. They are waiting for Ford to come back to say whether they can get hold of a wheel bearing for tomorrow. If not I will have to pick the car up and take back ne

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
If your discs are anything like mine were you could tell by looking at them they were warped. There were areas of surface rust not being scrubbed by the pads...

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
I couldn't visually see anything like that to be honest. Pads look to have about 9mm. I've got a video ford sent me which shows the wobble on the nearside rear it's frightening how much play there is. Hoping they get the part in tomorrow as they have lent me a fabia!!

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Well car is back home! She feels better than ever after the replacement bearing. Ford are picking up the 260 bill. The money saved for replacement brakes is being well spent as it's booked in for a full set of MPS4S to replace the ditch finder Pzeros
Sponsored