Sponsored

Gt brakes for your V6 on ebay now!

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
Oh it feels so good. The main regret of not getting an ecoboost is not being able to grab those upgraded brakes and were told that those cost a fortune. Now that I get a pair of those 300 bucks shipped :headbang:
Extra hundred and you can get the rears too. Slightly larger rotor and slightly better caliper. Plus paint them before install.
Sponsored

OxWhiteEB

GR8_WHT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Ecoboost
Got a set of front GT brakes for my ecoboost for $250, a local sold it to me. Hope this helps anything :)

BLK2015V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Kinda wanna just get some slotted rotors to make it look even better

Stage 3 motorsports has drilled and slotted rotors and pads come with them. I think they are stoptech. Those are what I am going to get here in a few months.

OP
OP
Clarkson

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
Kinda wanna just get some slotted rotors to make it look even better
You can certainly do that. I believe you can get brakemotive front rotors(drilled slotted) with ceramic pads for like 200 bucks shipped.

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
Do they bolt right up? and how about affecting brake bias? Won't they not work right being that different brake calipers might apply different pressures/friction for a given brake line pressure? If my calipers go one day (they did twice in my Ford truck), I may want to upgrade.
Ah, the voice of reason. I have seen no mention of brake bias in any other post but this one.

The V6 uses a different master cylinder than the GT. And the Brembo setup on the GTPP uses yet another master cylinder. There are 3 different master cylinders used in the Mustangs. There might be yet another for the Shelby.

I cannot believe anyone would put the GT brakes on their car without using the correct master cylinder.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clarkson

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
The kit provides everything for installation, not just the calipers so it would be fine.

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The kit provides everything for installation, not just the calipers so it would be fine.
It doesn't come with a master cylinder.

These kits are a great deal, but if someone installs them without an understanding of how they will affect the dynamics of the car under braking, they are putting themselves and others at risk.

Benzene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
It doesn't come with a master cylinder.

These kits are a great deal, but if someone installs them without an understanding of how they will affect the dynamics of the car under braking, they are putting themselves and others at risk.
I am positive it will be fine. You see people fitting bigger brake kit on cars all the time without changing the master cylinder.

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
I am also wondering if I should hold off and buy slotted rotors or just go ahead and buy them gt ones. also has anyone bought them slotted brakes by stop tech from eBay.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am positive it will be fine. You see people fitting bigger brake kit on cars all the time without changing the master cylinder.
Reputable "Big Brake Kits" are designed around a SPECIFIC master cylinder. The pistons in the caliper are sized to produce a desired bias between front and rear axles using the original master cylinder.

I'm sure the differences between the master cylinder are negligible at best
Based upon what information are you making that statement? Ford designed these cars with three different master cylinders for a reason.

If folks making this modification want to ignore how a braking system actually operates, they do so at their own risk. Personally, I'll stick with brakes that are designed to stop my car efficiently and safely. But what do I know, I'm just an engineer. :doh:

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Ah, the voice of reason. I have seen no mention of brake bias in any other post but this one.

The V6 uses a different master cylinder than the GT. And the Brembo setup on the GTPP uses yet another master cylinder. There are 3 different master cylinders used in the Mustangs. There might be yet another for the Shelby.

I cannot believe anyone would put the GT brakes on their car without using the correct master cylinder.
Thank you, I'm no engineer, but no idiot. Doesn't mean it won't work, but there are lots of factors to consider. For me, I want cross drilled or slotted rotors at brake time for the look, if they won't cause problems, but some say cross drilled are bad, don't know why. Brake bias... I learned about this in high school auto shop class back in the 80's.

OP
OP
Clarkson

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
Thank you, I'm no engineer, but no idiot. Doesn't mean it won't work, but there are lots of factors to consider. For me, I want cross drilled or slotted rotors at brake time for the look, if they won't cause problems, but some say cross drilled are bad, don't know why. Brake bias... I learned about this in high school auto shop class back in the 80's.
Slotted are bad cuz they got dust accumulating in the slot?

BLK2015V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Cross drilled are prone to cracking. Doesnt matter if they are name brand or junk however cheapo ones will crack almost every time pretty quickly. I had a set on one of my cars a few years back and they had developed so many cracks within 2 months that i sent them back for a refund. One actually shattered into 10 pieces. However you will have better luck with name brand since they are made with better materials and to better specs just make sure you inspect them weekly. Im probably just going to try the powerstop brand they have cross drilled and slotted rotors for 2015-2016 but again those are going to be on the cheaper side of the spectrum compared to a brand like brembo
Sponsored