GT 2018 clutch in 2015?

terion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Volodymyr
Vehicle(s)
GT PP MT 2016 (restyled)
So my 2016 GT clutch dies and needs a replacement. I'm watching towards Exedy Mach 500 (btw many comments about problems with throughout bearing with it are confusing me, maybe someone have experience with it?) but... 2018 oem clutch is twin-disc and this is very interesting for me. Is it good as an oem twin disc should be?
UPD: why not to go with mcleod rst? It sems like on overkill for an n/a car and price is to high especially in europe, taking into account shipping and taxes

When I've had an ecoboost and my flywheel went out I did replace entire clutch assy with a 2018+ one — ford's catalog states that parts are not interchangable but in reality they are and it worked much better then 2015 version.

So I know for sure that on transmission side they are compatible. What about crank side? As far as I understand there was no design changes in this part between engine generations, so I think that it should work. Maybe somebody know this for sure and/or can confirm/contradict this?
Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I inquired about this 2 years ago when I had my clutch replaced at dealer. Service manager said not compatible. No other explanation was given.

When you do replace it change out the TOB and pilot bearing as well. $150/ $13. Peace of mind.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
for the money, you can get a gen2 twin disc and not worry about fitment. the slave cylinder will need to be swapped if using the gen3 clutch. its shorter. the 3rd gen is a dual mass flywheel iirc The part numbers for twin disc replacements from mcleod are different, likely to keep the finger height the same for the respective slave cylinder though.

you can get a lighter setup in the aftermarket though which is noticeable in the responsiveness on this engine. exedy now makes a twin disc organic clutch kit. less than $850 and comes with lightened steel flywheel and the whole assembly is balanced together. outstanding clutch so far on my setup.
Sponsored