Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
Any tips on how to get the but off that above the driveshaft? That thing is the bain of my existence and I don't want to break the stud off.
Having a hard time getting a socket on it or is it too snug?
Sponsored

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey
Ballistic, which part are you having trouble with? breaking the 2-10mm nuts loose or getting the old bracket off the back of the shifter?

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Must be the passenger side nut, the rightside is easy to see and get the socket on, the passenger was hard to see which made it hard to get the socket on. Mine were pretty tight but didn't have any trouble breaking them loose luckily. My exhaust has an x-pipe which might give more room than the stock suitcase resonator, what exhaust do you have?

Sponsored

BallisticBurrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Must be the passenger side nut, the rightside is easy to see and get the socket on, the passenger was hard to see which made it hard to get the socket on. Mine were pretty tight but didn't have any trouble breaking them loose luckily. My exhaust has an x-pipe which might give more room than the stock suitcase resonator, what exhaust do you have?

Yeah it is the passenger nut. I still have the stock suitcase for now.

BallisticBurrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
OH GOD I FINALLY GOT IT INSTALLED. Would have been easier if I had a ball-end allen wrench... but alas.
Wore out another pair of pants crawling under the car and back out and scratched the hell out of my glasses when an allen wrench fell on them BUT IT IS INSTALLED DAMMIT.

Verdict: PIA to install but makes shifts sooooooooooooooo much better. No more mushy rubber feel when you click into gear. Makes the car shift more like my old one, which is a good thing.

EDIT: BTW I couldn't get the bracket to clamp down equally on both sides. One side is clamped down like half a mm more than the other and both screws are tight to the point anymore would start stripping them out.

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Ballistic, glad to here you whipped it! Mine would not close the gap all the way either, I just tightened it up as even as I could get it.

BallisticBurrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Ballistic, glad to here you whipped it! Mine would not close the gap all the way either, I just tightened it up as even as I could get it.
Question for ya: Do you hear more engine/drivetrain noise in the cabin? I dunno if that's supposed to happen or I didn't seal it back up against the body properly.

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
If I have the radio off, I can hear a little bit of gear/drivetrain noise transmitted thru the shifter, but it is very little. Windows down or radio on I don't really notice it. Thats why Ford had that big mushy rubber bushing around the shifter to keep from transmitting any drivetrain noise to the interior, result was a big mushy shifter feel.

Sponsored

BallisticBurrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If I have the radio off, I can hear a little bit of gear/drivetrain noise transmitted thru the shifter, but it is very little. Windows down or radio on I don't really notice it. Thats why Ford had that big mushy rubber bushing around the shifter to keep from transmitting any drivetrain noise to the interior, result was a big mushy shifter feel.

I'm wondering if I didn't seal it back up against the body properly then. Hard to get leverage when under there.

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Maybe the hard rubber piece that sits above the shifter against the under side of the tunnel might be letting some sound around it.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Sounds like this will be a multi-beer install? Ugh.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Sounds like this will be a multi-beer install? Ugh.
If you're on your back with not a lot of swivels and extensions with the stock resonator, yes I have a feeling this would suck for you. I took a peek when I was installing my exhaust. Appears it should be pretty easy for me since I have an X pipe now. And I work in a shop with a lift and can find the right combo of tools to make it easier.

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
I plan on doing this at the same time I install my SOLO catback system so hopefully will be pretty easy.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.