Sponsored

Green Koenig Build

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Hello everyone, I'm new here on the site but have been posting a little lately. I decided to do a build thread to help me track things as I do them. Background: I'm probably a little older than many on here but younger than some :) but hey that doesn't stop the fun. The car is a 2019 GT Premium 401A, 6 Speed, Roush Phase 2, 3:55 rear axle, Safe and Smart and B&O Premium Sound System. The only option that I wished it had would be the Active Exhaust. If you are wondering why I don't wish for either of the Performance Packs, stay tuned.

I flew to Cincinnati to pick up the car from Lebanon Ford, well known for their performance builds; I drove it the 575 miles back to Georgia. It was a great experience and was nice to have Josh, the Perfomance Manager explain all the mechanicals. He made sure that I knew the engine would live on 5w50 full synthic oil and 93 octane for the rest of its life.

There has been a slight hiccup with the car. The Service engine light came on about 150 miles south of the dealership in Lebanon. Called up Josh and he had me to pull into an Auto Zone to have the code/s read. They came up as Knock Sensor #3 Right bank. We went through a quick check list......what octane gas was I running; still had the original 93 octane fill from the dealership. Reset Light and fill up with Shell Vitro 93 octane, and light came back on. Next, it was determined that the car was not down on power and not pulling power, so 100 percent sure that the # Knock Sensor is faulty. He called and told me of the Roush dealers within 200 miles of my location. Called the first two within 100 miles and though they both sell Roush vehicles, they declined the opportunity to work on it, stating that it was too intensive for their technicans....at least they were honest. Found another dealership about 130 miles away and they said their only Roush technican is book until the end of May but did give me a recommendation for a dealership that supposedly has one of the best Roush technicans in Georgia. I will call them tomorrow and try to schedule something. I've already learned that though the codes have been read and we know what the problem is, the servicing dealership will have me come in to run their diagnostics and to order the parts and then "return" to drop it off for at least two days to have the part changed. The selling dealership has promised to make things right....I'll see what they have to say about a rental car and possibly a hotel for a couple of days. I'm hoping it will be positive. OK, enough of that.

I arrived home with the car on Saturday night. Sunday morning I removed the Xpel Trac Wrap that I had put on the entire front end, mirrors, and wheel debris strike areas. It did a great job. Then I put on the Velgen VF5 20x11 rear and 20x10 fronts with Mickey Thompson Street Comp tires sized 305/35R20 and 275/35R20.

Yesterday, Day 2 I had the Steeda Progressive Springs with their bumpstops installed. Front drop is supposed to be 1.25 and rear 1.0. You can judge for yourself from the before and after pics.

I have purchased and plan to install the Steeda Jacking Rails and Steeda H-Pipe this week. I'm going to do a little experimenting with adding a Roush Axle Back and then the Steeda Axle Back and see which gives the sound that I am looking for.

Before Lowering
20200301_165213.jpg

Steeda Progressive Springs
20200303_161142.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
m3incorp

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I've owned the car for 10 days now and have 1500 miles on it, after a 450 mile round trip this past weekend. I'll slow down on the miles next week after I have the fuel pump replaced on my daily driver...it conviently quit working the day I brought this car home...could it be jealous lol.

Sunday it got it's second real wash...still not the type detail I usually do, because I will have PPF and Ceramic Coating applied in about a month. I installed the Steeda H-pipe today. I'm going to go with that for a couple of weeks (It gave it a nice deep tone and is not overly loud) and then I plan to try to get both a Steeda Axle-back and a Roush Axle-back. I will install one for a week and then the other. I will try to determine which has the sound that I am looking for.

I learned that I get decent gas mileage on the highway but only between 10-12 mpg in town. Have to learn to control the right foot more. :)

Zoso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
F150 mustang gt cb1000r
I'm looking forward to your impressions of the Steeda h pipe paired with the Steeda axle back exhaust. This is the setup that I am considering.

OP
OP
m3incorp

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I will be sure to post my thoughts on it.

OP
OP
m3incorp

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I received the Steeda Axle-back and plan to install it tomorrow or Tuesday. A quick video of just the H-pipe and stock exhaust so I will have it for comparison.

Sponsored

OP
OP
m3incorp

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
It's been a few days since I posted anything here. Finally got a chance to install the Steeda Axlebacks to go with the Steeda H-Pipe. I know I said I was going to do a Steeda vs Roush comparison and I still plan to. I have to say that I imagine it is going to be hard to beat the sound of the Steeda H-Pipe and Steeda Axle-back combination. It sounds very nice with a deep tone and just the right burble on de-acceleration. It is louder and but definitely not too loud.....my close neighbors have actually come over to tell me they listen for me to come home in the evening and how they like the sound of a Mustang.

OP
OP
m3incorp

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
It was such a nice day out today and since we are at a shelter at home situation, it gave me time to get a few things done. I started painting the garage, finished about half of one side lol. Yesterday, used the pressure washer on the floor. The Racedeck flooring is supposed to arrive on Tuesday, so I want to finish the painting first.

I washed, clay bar, washed again, polished with Black Fire Total Paint and Seal. I was going to top it off with Black Fire Total protection and gloss but I think the bottle had seen too much heat in the garage and it looked like spoiled milk. I ended up going with a coat of wax.

If you look close, you can see that I tried my hand at a set of custom badges. I think I will have to do round 2 on those, but you know how the first time tends to go.
5 April Clay and Wax 1.jpg
5 April Clay and Wax 2.jpg

OP
OP
m3incorp

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Today, didn't do anything to the car but rather for the car. Installed Race Deck flooring.
20200408_185552.jpg

OP
OP
m3incorp

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
This past weekend, I got around to installing my custom badged rear deck lid. I received my JL Audio 10w1v3-4 subwoofer to replace my stock one. I still need to make to time to install it. I am thinking about getting a gloss black GT 350 Track Spoiler but really want the GT 350r spoiler but don't want to spend the money to deal with the additional holes in the trunk, that are there already.
Rear Decklid.jpg

OP
OP
m3incorp

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
This past weekend I was able to finish up a few small projects. Saturday I purchased an OEM GT350 Track spoiler. It was an install and not counting the couple of hours it took to get the old 3M tape off of the OEM spoiler, was only about a 15 minute install. I decided I wanted the spoiler gloss black to contrast the green.

Yesterday I got around to installing a JL Audio upgraded subwoofer to replace the B&O one. This one has much tighter and cleaner bass. Install wasn't bad at all. I did have to dremel down a couple of notches in the enclosure for it to fit flush.
Spoiler 1.jpg
Spoiler 2.jpg
Spoiler 3.jpg
JL Audio Subwoofer.jpg

Sponsored

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good so far. Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
m3incorp

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Thanks BeastAR.

GzStang19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1, 96' SVT Cobra Vert.
Car looks great
Question have you had any rubbing issues after installing the the Steeda Progressive Springs with their bumpstops? I have same size wheel tire set up and have debated using these springs

Did you keep stock shocks/struts and did you have to get caster camber plates?

Thanks much!

Hello everyone, I'm new here on the site but have been posting a little lately. I decided to do a build thread to help me track things as I do them. Background: I'm probably a little older than many on here but younger than some :) but hey that doesn't stop the fun. The car is a 2019 GT Premium 401A, 6 Speed, Roush Phase 2, 3:55 rear axle, Safe and Smart and B&O Premium Sound System. The only option that I wished it had would be the Active Exhaust. If you are wondering why I don't wish for either of the Performance Packs, stay tuned.

I flew to Cincinnati to pick up the car from Lebanon Ford, well known for their performance builds; I drove it the 575 miles back to Georgia. It was a great experience and was nice to have Josh, the Perfomance Manager explain all the mechanicals. He made sure that I knew the engine would live on 5w50 full synthic oil and 93 octane for the rest of its life.

There has been a slight hiccup with the car. The Service engine light came on about 150 miles south of the dealership in Lebanon. Called up Josh and he had me to pull into an Auto Zone to have the code/s read. They came up as Knock Sensor #3 Right bank. We went through a quick check list......what octane gas was I running; still had the original 93 octane fill from the dealership. Reset Light and fill up with Shell Vitro 93 octane, and light came back on. Next, it was determined that the car was not down on power and not pulling power, so 100 percent sure that the # Knock Sensor is faulty. He called and told me of the Roush dealers within 200 miles of my location. Called the first two within 100 miles and though they both sell Roush vehicles, they declined the opportunity to work on it, stating that it was too intensive for their technicans....at least they were honest. Found another dealership about 130 miles away and they said their only Roush technican is book until the end of May but did give me a recommendation for a dealership that supposedly has one of the best Roush technicans in Georgia. I will call them tomorrow and try to schedule something. I've already learned that though the codes have been read and we know what the problem is, the servicing dealership will have me come in to run their diagnostics and to order the parts and then "return" to drop it off for at least two days to have the part changed. The selling dealership has promised to make things right....I'll see what they have to say about a rental car and possibly a hotel for a couple of days. I'm hoping it will be positive. OK, enough of that.

I arrived home with the car on Saturday night. Sunday morning I removed the Xpel Trac Wrap that I had put on the entire front end, mirrors, and wheel debris strike areas. It did a great job. Then I put on the Velgen VF5 20x11 rear and 20x10 fronts with Mickey Thompson Street Comp tires sized 305/35R20 and 275/35R20.

Yesterday, Day 2 I had the Steeda Progressive Springs with their bumpstops installed. Front drop is supposed to be 1.25 and rear 1.0. You can judge for yourself from the before and after pics.

I have purchased and plan to install the Steeda Jacking Rails and Steeda H-Pipe this week. I'm going to do a little experimenting with adding a Roush Axle Back and then the Steeda Axle Back and see which gives the sound that I am looking for.

Before Lowering
20200301_165213.jpg

Steeda Progressive Springs
20200303_161142.jpg

OP
OP
m3incorp

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the compliment.

I've had no rubbing issues at all. I had my 135 lb wife somehow climb into the back seat and go for a ride to see if it would rub with weight in the back and still didn't get any rubbing. I was expecting the supercharger to cause mine to drop a little more than what was advertised but was surprised when the rear was also lower than I expected. It worked out and looks great and not too stiff on the road. I did keep my shocks/struts and was planning to replace if needed, but so far they are performing well. After I do the Stop the Hop kit and high performance half shafts, I will take another look at the shocks/struts. I did have the camber plates installed as recommended by Steeda. A real Mustang guy that happens to work at a suspension shop did the install and the alignment. He gave me the key to his S550 to drive around the block; that is someone that loves what they do and take pride in it. I was lucky to find this shop.

Are your wheel widths and offsets the same as the Velgens that I am running? What tires are you going to run?

Car looks great
Question have you had any rubbing issues after installing the the Steeda Progressive Springs with their bumpstops? I have same size wheel tire set up and have debated using these springs

Did you keep stock shocks/struts and did you have to get caster camber plates?

Thanks much!

GzStang19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1, 96' SVT Cobra Vert.
Thanks for the compliment.

I've had no rubbing issues at all. I had my 135 lb wife somehow climb into the back seat and go for a ride to see if it would rub with weight in the back and still didn't get any rubbing. I was expecting the supercharger to cause mine to drop a little more than what was advertised but was surprised when the rear was also lower than I expected. It worked out and looks great and not too stiff on the road. I did keep my shocks/struts and was planning to replace if needed, but so far they are performing well. After I do the Stop the Hop kit and high performance half shafts, I will take another look at the shocks/struts. I did have the camber plates installed as recommended by Steeda. A real Mustang guy that happens to work at a suspension shop did the install and the alignment. He gave me the key to his S550 to drive around the block; that is someone that loves what they do and take pride in it. I was lucky to find this shop.

Are your wheel widths and offsets the same as the Velgens that I am running? What tires are you going to run?

Good to hear no rubbing
Its a street car set up no track
Im set up with Nitto G2's / rtr tech 7 20x9.5" wheels (33 offset)& 275/35R20 tires (front), 20x10.5"(45 offset) wheels & 305/35R20 tires (rear). I have a pp1
So will keep oem shocks/struts until later

What are your velgen offsets?

It sounds like the steeda progressive rate springs and caster camber plates are best for me. I have plenty of room in front for the drop but was concerned about rubbing on the rear since its a 20", and 305 tire

Next is roush phase 2 kit

Thanks again
Sponsored