Granger

creggleton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 King Ranch 2019 Miata RF 2022 Mach1 on o
Anyone buy a Mach from Granger and have it delivered to your home, site unseen? I had planned to fly out to do paperwork, inspect/drive it, and then have it shipped home. (1000 miles) It's due to arrive at the dealership any day, but unfortunately, my travel for the next several weeks has gotten complicated. I've heard nothing but good things about Granger and am fairly certain that between them and the shipping company, they wouldn't let it go with damage or major cosmetic defects. Think this is a safe bet? I appreciate the input!
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I think you will be fine.

On the off chance something is not right, refuse delivery. Take photos of the damage that caused you to refuse. Remember anything damaged will be covered under warranty. Or if it is shipping damage it will be covered by the shipping company.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Buying sight unseen is a RISK. This is not a UPS delivery that you can refuse. Once the paperwork is done you OWN the car. The transportation company isn't going to return it and Granger would not accept it anyway.

The Granger experience can be great as they excel at the process, the paperless docs, and customer service. BUT once the docs are done, the car is yours, and you are on your own. Just like any other dealer.

My car arrived with issues. Two defects in the paint that they noted (circled in wipe off marker), but never told me about. I took delivery and was like WTF? Transporter had no clue either. Granger told me I would have to get it warrantied locally. Yeah ok, paint warranties are so easy to get.

Next, my car clearly had some work done to the roof. I sent pics and asked, they had no clue.

Finally, there was minor damage to a front rim from someone removing the wheel/tire. The rim had small nicks in the lug nut holes from a socket. This was noticed before I swapped out the Cup 2s. That tire showed signs of being driven on while flat. You could only see the damage to the tire from the inside of it. The tire likely would have failed prematurely. Granger NEVER responded to my emails about the wheel / tire issue. Ghosted me.

You can find some more details in my build thread.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/a-boy-his-mustang.66822/post-3686395

These are the facts of my experience. There is clearly a risk, but yes many have had no issues. You have to decide if you want to take it though.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
I flew to Granger to pickup my Mach1. Rainy day made it impossible to inspect. I signed the docs, picked up the keys, looked for the shipping blocks and left right away. They asked me if I wanted to inspect, and I pointed to the wet car and said no.

F8EFB510-EE22-443C-A610-67124160641F.jpeg

By the way, all the ordering, pricing and admin stuff with Granger were painless. But their car preps suck. They did not remove glue from protective stickers or foam used during transport, forgot to install the security bolts on the wheels and did not peel off a bunch of adhesives inside the car (door handles, etc). No biggies for me, but love for the car was clearly not part of the deal.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I flew to Granger to pickup my Mach1. Rainy day made it impossible to inspect. I signed the docs, picked up the keys, looked for the shipping blocks and left right away. They asked me if I wanted to inspect, and I pointed to the wet car and said no.

By the way, all the ordering, pricing and admin stuff with Granger were painless. But their car preps suck. They did not remove glue from protective stickers or foam used during transport, forgot to install the security bolts on the wheels and did not peel off a bunch of adhesives inside the car (door handles, etc). No biggies for me, but love for the car was clearly not part of the deal.
Was Ashleigh there? She was awesome, and super cute too!

Sponsored

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
Was Ashleigh there? She was awesome, and super cute too!
Ashleigh (online sales) and Shelby (financing) were both on vacation. I would have loved to chitchat and thank them for their help during the long wait of the order process. Their backups were also very friendly — and women. Never saw a saleswoman at an Atlanta dealership before. I am not talking about flirting, but I liked the Granger experience better.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Maybe you could get someone local to inspect the car and then once it s transported damage is on the transporter, nothing you can do about that.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
I did it all electronically and arranged my shipping. Never flew there. It worked out great. They are super easy to work with.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
I used kvb auto transport as my buddy used him several times. Ask for David Cohen. Super nice guy. The cost from Granger to Boston was a little over $1K in an enclosed trailer. It all worked out perfectly.

Sponsored

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
Best that you don't go to pick up the Car at Granger. People are nice but the place is a dump. No room inside, employees working on top of employees, like a sweat shop. Purchased two cars from them and picked them both up 8 months apart.
Hmmm….opposite experience for me. I was driving a truck n trailer from Colorado and was on a tight timeline. Asked them before hand making sure car was prepped, accelerate paperwork, and have car indoors as it was January…all were accomplished.

Great experience for me.

Last edited:

Gregdd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
23 green mach1 manual p0022
So let me get this straight. You don't like the place but buy a second car from them ? This thread reminds me. I need to thank the people at grainger.

Gregdd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)

That car in the back next to the jeep looks nice.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
That car in the back next to the jeep looks nice.
They had a dozen Ram TRX's on the lot when I picked up my Mach1.

Gregdd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
They had a dozen Ram TRX's on the lot when I picked up my Mach1.
That was an inside joke. The second car next to the jeep is my car.
Sponsored