Sponsored

Got my engine replaced for the 2k rattle

Ant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150 STX Sport Crew Cab 4x4
I’ve got a 2019 with now 22k miles. Noises started around 19k miles. Took months to be able to get a dealer to look at it. They diagnosed it as a timing chain tensioner/guide problem. Replaced that under warranty. Picked the car up and immediately noticed as I was leaving the parking lot it was still making the same exact noise. Came back and left the car. 2 weeks later(today) picked my car up and the noise is gone.

I’m glad I took it in instead of just living with it like most on here seem to do. I only took it in cause I wanted documentation of the 2k rattle in case something down the road happened. I could at least say I had proof of the noise before my warranty expired.

EBD79906-18FF-4C1E-8B2C-A4AF01DCA2C8.jpeg
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Seems like you had a bit more than the usual rattle if you had a spun bearing, lol. The fact it started recently means it was in fact a different issue.

My car has had the 2k rattle since new, no metal in the oil.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Seems like you had a bit more than the usual rattle if you had a spun bearing, lol. The fact it started recently means it was in fact a different issue.

Agreed I noticed mine within a few hundred miles of getting the car new but I'm sure it did it from day 1. Its never gotten any worse sounding always the same. I also have lots of extended warranty time out to 8 years from new so I'm not worried about anything for a while.

To the OP glad you got your car fixed as a spun bearing is a big problem for sure.

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

That’s another thing because the oil that has been in there for 4k miles looked clean and never burned a drop of oil. Then they did the timing chain kit and changed the oil, I drove a couple of miles and came back and now there’s metal in the oil?

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is not my video but this is the exact noise I was hearing prior to getting a new engine. Is this the same noise you hear? The user who posted this video also had his engine replaced. Are some people mistaken the normal DI pump/injectors as the 2k rattle when in fact they don’t have it?

Sponsored