Sponsored

Got free flowing exhaust (mak pipes) installed but now my car wont run right

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Ive been on PBD e85 tune with no issues other than o2 sensor heater circuit codes which didnt seem to affect how the car ran at all for months. I planned to go free flowing exhaust because im going SC so I got mak performance pipes installed last monday and installed NTK o2 sensors for 5.0 f150's thinking those may be more e85 resistant. I got an updated tune and installed that after the pipes and o2's were installed and everything seemed fine for a couple days, even my tuner said the logs look fine. Then I went out for a drive later one night and my car started running weird at idle and while accellerating, no codes came on. I figured the o2 sensors must not be fully compatible and thats what my tuner suspected so I put the OEM o2 sensors in and the car still wasnt running right. I noticed my battery terminal was damaged and I replaced that even though my battery was still working fine. Still getting this rough idle and stalling, and sometimes it wont start and I will the the "crank limit exceeded" warning and have to wait 20 mins to start the car. Not sure what to do now, the shop is going to try another different pair of o2 sensors tomorrow. If that doesnt work then I dont know what to do. Anyone have any ideas? The car seems ok when revved up to like 3k but at idle it just constantly nearly stalls then does stall. Car even turned off while going 40 mph a few times. Its on e85 currently and the cats are off, I suppose I could get the e85 drained and put the cats back on and see what ford thinks..

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what to look for?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Andy13186

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
No codes, afr 9.8 when revved up, at idle it seems to go crazy run rough and eventually stall out then not restart for a while.