Goofed up Nav update

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
A couple weeks ago, I updated my sync 3 to the latest firmware, and then went to update the latest maps. When I updated sync, I clicked the idle shutoff, so the car wouldnt shut off at 30 mins. That finished, and had to shut everything down and reboot everything. Then started the map update and its going along perfectly fine. As I was sitting in my office I hear my car turn off "DAMN IT!!" So after many being on with customer support and trying about everything, im still getting "update in progress leave usb blah blah blah"

I hoped when I did my header install and had the battery disconnect for many hours, that it wouldve cut it out when I got everything back on.... Nope.

Ive done all the reset stuff, except to revert the sync via factory reset. The last time I did the factory reset, it wouldnt take the maps at all anyway.

Anyone have some ideas?
Sponsored

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the same issue for about a year now. I'd love to see how to resolve it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Map updates take a long time, an hour to an hour and a half, maybe more. I have had instances when I shut off the car during an upload and had to upload continue when I restarted the car. Not sure how long you waited by you could try to just let it run. Go take a nice drive.

If that doesn't work your only recourse is to head to the dealer. :frown:

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Map updates take a long time, an hour to an hour and a half, maybe more. I have had instances when I shut off the car during an upload and had to upload continue when I restarted the car. Not sure how long you waited by you could try to just let it run. Go take a nice drive.

If that doesn't work your only recourse is to head to the dealer. :frown:
I dont recall, i may have pulled the stick before re-starting it afraid that was going to be the issue, but I think i made an issue.

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
Scope out the forum at CyanLabs and they should be able to help you. There's a utility that the admin over there wrote that flashes firmware to Sync3, which was particularly helpful for me since my '15 didn't come with Sync3 from the factory and the VIN would never pull up updates for it.

https://community.cyanlabs.net/c/ford/sync-3/27

Sponsored

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Scope out the forum at CyanLabs and they should be able to help you. There's a utility that the admin over there wrote that flashes firmware to Sync3, which was particularly helpful for me since my '15 didn't come with Sync3 from the factory and the VIN would never pull up updates for it.

https://community.cyanlabs.net/c/ford/sync-3/27
Thanks Tom, I'll check it out

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks Tom, I'll check it out
Not a bad idea, but be careful. Cyanlabs is considers safe and reliable but works outside of Ford. Once you use it your dealer might not be able to help.

One last thing. Using Cyanlabs will allow you to update to the latest version of Sync3, V3.4 so this could be a win win for you.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016