Sponsored

Going back to an S197 a bad idea?

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I'm coming from an 06Gt to 17GT and all I can say is that the 6th gen feels more comfortable car than the s197. I do understand the whole different feel of the car like how the older mustang makes you feel that you are muscling the car. For me, when I test drove the s550, I drove it home to get my s197 so that I can really compare them. In the end, I found the s550 being more of a complete car than the s197.

I don't know if it is just me but the 3v felt like it had more torque at the lower half of the rpm the 5.0 but I do love the power on the higher rpm range.
Thats seems to be a big step up..did Ford not improve ride and handling with '11-'14..?
Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had a '14 GT, Deep Impact Blue, Brembo package, Recaros, nav, 6sp manual, and enjoyed it. I didn't drive it a lot so it was in really good condition the entire time I owned it. I now have an '18 GT PP1 with the 401a package and 10sp auto, and to me, it's a better car in every way - nicer to ride in, nicer interior, better performer, better handling, etc.

However, I used to get compliments on my S197 all the time, like when I'd go someplace with valet parking, the valets would often say, "nice car" when they brought it back to me, or when I had it detailed the detailer would make a comment, and I haven't gotten anything like that from my S550.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I had a '14 GT, Deep Impact Blue, Brembo package, Recaros, nav, 6sp manual, and enjoyed it. I didn't drive it a lot so it was in really good condition the entire time I owned it. I now have an '18 GT PP1 with the 401a package and 10sp auto, and to me, it's a better car in every way - nicer to ride in, nicer interior, better performer, better handling, etc.

However, I used to get compliments on my S197 all the time, like when I'd go someplace with valet parking, the valets would often say, "nice car" when they brought it back to me, or when I had it detailed the detailer would make a comment, and I haven't gotten anything like that from my S550.
This just seems relative, though. I get compliments almost daily. It's not as frequent in my area, anymore, but when I venture out for a road trip it spikes back up.
Sponsored