sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Electric Vehicle Sales and Market Share (US - Updated Monthly) - CarEdge

Q4 2023 Electric Vehicle Market Share and Sales (U.S.)

As automaker stats trickle in, here are some notable numbers announced so far:

• Fully-electric vehicles (BEVs) had 8.1% market share in Q4 2023. This is a new all-time record. One year prior in Q4 2022, EV market share was 6.5%.
Hello; Looks like EV sales in 2023 were us up 1.6% ( one point six percent). Not exactly stellar. Considering the incentives, climate scare tactics and around $50,000 per vehicle spent to promote them, not impressive at all.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mitch03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
Nobody…literally nobody…except for the ever increasing number of people who actually do want one. But yes, “NOBODY”.

“Since Q3 2021, EV sales have increased every quarter, and the share of total light-duty vehicle sales that EVs represent isn't shrinking, either. The share of new sales that are plug-in electric increased from about 3% in Q1 2021 to about 7% in 2022 and then reached more than 10% in Q3 2023.”
Yawn!! Nobody cares…...only tree huggers like yourself that think these are emission free Vehicles. Do you even read the news.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Yawn!! Nobody cares…...only tree huggers like yourself that think these are emission free Vehicles. Do you even read the news.
Hello; Not sure the "tree huggers" will claim him. Recall that his most recent acknowledged vehicle purchase was of an ICE. When challenged he came up with reasons that matched some of the flaws, we have been pointing out about EV's for some time. Short version being EV's do not "fit" most lifestyles. Duh.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. Tell me more about what I think. Or, you could ask me if I think these vehicles are emissions free… I’d take the time to explain that I don’t think that at all.
Ever get tired of failing?
Nobody = an increasing number of people.
Emissions free = reduced emissions.
Any other terms I need to clarify for you?

Mitch03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
Lol. Tell me more about what I think. Or, you could ask me if I think these vehicles are emissions free… I’d take the time to explain that I don’t think that at all.
Ever get tired of failing?
Nobody = an increasing number of people.
Emissions free = reduced emissions.
Any other terms I need to clarify for you?
I don’t fail……Surely not to hypocrites like yourself.. You even passed on an EV because ICE is so much more practicable. Just accept what it is. A govmt push…..nothing less.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t fail……Surely not to hypocrites like yourself.. You even passed on an EV because ICE is so much more practicable. Just accept what it is. A govmt push…..nothing less.
Or, was it because there wasn’t a 7 seat 4x4 available in Australia at a price point that was even vaguely realistic? Pretty sure we covered this several times. Pay attention.

A genuine hypocrite would refuse to buy an EV after the mandates (that they support) have come into effect. I know this is complex for you, but you need to keep up.

At NO POINT have I once suggested that everyone should be buying EV’s right now. If I had been doing that, and THEN opted to buy the ICE, THAT would be hypocrisy.

Anything else you need explained to you?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Or, was it because there wasn’t a 7 seat 4x4 available in Australia at a price point that was even vaguely realistic? Pretty sure we covered this several times. Pay attention.

A genuine hypocrite would refuse to buy an EV after the mandates (that they support) have come into effect. I know this is complex for you, but you need to keep up.

At NO POINT have I once suggested that everyone should be buying EV’s right now. If I had been doing that, and THEN opted to buy the ICE, THAT would be hypocrisy.

Anything else you need explained to you?
Hello; Not too bad of a try in some respects. However, even with the nuance we can still see the hypocrite. After all the preaching at us along with all the USA is bad -China is good stuff, you whiffed when is was your chance to do your part to save the planet.
So, by your definition you get to figuratively run your mouth on the subject yet when it is crunch time you fold up like a cheap chair.
Again, you made the sensible choice to buy an ICE. After all your posturing about the Green and EV agendas, that you did so is a most devastating strike against those agendas. You champion about how we all will need to move to inferior EV transportation platforms so the planet will be saved. We all have come to understand EV's cannot match up to ICE but to do the right thing for the planet we must live with the inferior EV's. That we need to pay a lot more for these inferior transport platforms at purchase and also pay for the taxpayer funded incentives on top of purchase price.

You are a genuine hypocrite, but you did the right thing for your family. No matter how flaky you get in these threads, that you took care, so the family does not suffer from these foolish agendas counts a lot.

Mitch03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
Hello; Not too bad of a try in some respects. However, even with the nuance we can still see the hypocrite. After all the preaching at us along with all the USA is bad -China is good stuff, you whiffed when is was your chance to do your part to save the planet.
So, by your definition you get to figuratively run your mouth on the subject yet when it is crunch time you fold up like a cheap chair.
Again, you made the sensible choice to buy an ICE. After all your posturing about the Green and EV agendas, that you did so is a most devastating strike against those agendas. You champion about how we all will need to move to inferior EV transportation platforms so the planet will be saved. We all have come to understand EV's cannot match up to ICE but to do the right thing for the planet we must live with the inferior EV's. That we need to pay a lot more for these inferior transport platforms at purchase and also pay for the taxpayer funded incentives on top of purchase price.

You are a genuine hypocrite, but you did the right thing for your family. No matter how flaky you get in these threads, that you took care, so the family does not suffer from these foolish agendas counts a lot.
Very well said…….

Mitch03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra

To save face, you might want to look up the definition to practicable…..cause it sure makes you look like a dumb ass. Pay attention to the English language.
practicable
[ prak-ti-kuh-buhl ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for: practicablepracticabilitypracticably on Thesaurus.com
adjective

1. capable of being done, effected, or put into practice, with the available means; feasible: a practicable solution.
  2. capable of being used

Wrong again! Another definition you don’t understand. Keep trying though. One day you could keep up!

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I like your take. Outside of the hype about EV's they continue to be impractical compared to ICE. A person can accept the limitations of an EV and with enough sacrifice of practicality can make them work maybe 80 to 90 percent of the time. Easier to see with the current batch of EV full sized pickups. An EV pickup can carry or tow like an ICE if you do not need to go very far. Need to go over something like 80 miles better sacrifice time to recharge for example. Other examples of sacrifice can be had even for car type EV's.

Another general sacrifice is opportunity costs with regard to money. The extra funds used by an owner to buy an EV cannot be used for other needs. On top of actual buying costs are the costs forced upon all by the government backed incentives for EV's added with the funds to manufactures to build EV's. If an EV cost a consumer $40 K it is reported these incentives, and such costs add something like $50 K to each EV. (some links to this posted on this forum already). The monies spent will be an opportunity cost to the entire population of a country. My take is the monies already in a fairly recent infrastructure bill of over a trillion $ is part of the inflation we are enduring the last three years. (ironically called an inflation reducing act)

Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
holds match to red can....

“As the COVID shock retreated, we learned that as you scale EVs to 5,000, to 7,000 units a month and you move into the early majority customer, they are not willing to pay a significant premium for EVs,” Ford chief executive Jim Farley. “This is a huge moment for us.”

This is why Ford recently cut prices for the Mach-E SUV and why Farley created a team to work on a less expensive EV engineering platform that will be the basis for future models.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
holds match to red can....

“As the COVID shock retreated, we learned that as you scale EVs to 5,000, to 7,000 units a month and you move into the early majority customer, they are not willing to pay a significant premium for EVs,” Ford chief executive Jim Farley. “This is a huge moment for us.”

This is why Ford recently cut prices for the Mach-E SUV and why Farley created a team to work on a less expensive EV engineering platform that will be the basis for future models.
Clearly correct, but no surprise. Most car makers have been working on cheap EV platforms for a while now, especially Chinese companies.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Clearly correct, but no surprise. Most car makers have been working on cheap EV platforms for a while now, especially Chinese companies.
I’d be utterly surprised if they weren’t trying to make them cheaper. Good lord. Who wants to pay more for a vehicle than they really have to, regardless of the motive power source.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
This is what Ford should be working on. Simple battery swap system. Buy the car with a “rented” battery lowering the cost. Apartment dwellers with no charging option at their home becomes moot. Battery swap takes 3 minutes for full charge, not 30-45-60, etc. No battery depreciation at resale, since it is independent of the car.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
This is what Ford should be working on. Simple battery swap system. Buy the car with a “rented” battery lowering the cost. Apartment dwellers with no charging option at their home becomes moot. Battery swap takes 3 minutes for full charge, not 30-45-60, etc. No battery depreciation at resale, since it is independent of the car.

Seems cool but China is the country that has repeated gamed their own economy to the ruin of their own citizens and business leaders (think how Jack Ma of Alibaba almost disappeared). the country of "ghost cities" built to make it look like they were growing now abandoned. Just saying can we really know what's behind the business? Is it being subsidized? gamed? how do they get the battery materials (think African counties China is squeezing like a soft orange for minerals)? Being that I've done business with the China companies in their "special" economic areas and in global corporations doing business I've seen how their gov't can "make" things look good when it's really not.

fwiw with the new headwinds automakers are turning back to saying we need new hybrid models to bridge the gaps now. Funny that is exactly what the CEO of Toyota was saying ... " Akio Toyoda, chairman of Toyota, consumers are “finally seeing reality.” CEO Toyoda went on to say, “No matter how much progress (battery) EVs make, I think they will still only have a 30 percent market share.” His follow-up thought is that the majority of the market will consist of hydrogen-powered cars and hybrid EVs. " quoted from themanual.com

I'd go for a super efficient hybrid, but not at some silly marked up price.
Sponsored