Sponsored

GlassCoat

Dmustang82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue
Hi, my new Mach 1 will be coming soon. I live in Wisconsin, however, I live close to my work so I do not anticipate too much snow driving. That being said, I think my new car will have some exposure to the elements. After consulting with several of you, I decided against this "final coat" rust proofing system, just seems like a rip off. Despite the fact that my Ford dealer insists that no one undercoats their car anymore, I will do a undercoat likely through Ziebart.

The next thing the Ford dealer suggested was this GlassCoat product. It is $1,200ish and includes some interior protection, supposedly. Anyone ever tried this and is it worth it?

Many Thanks! I love having this board to come to with questions.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yeah, but that TrueCoat..........

1615321231861.png

You know you can do all that stuff yourself, and probably do a better job, while also learning about your car in the process, right?

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Hi, my new Mach 1 will be coming soon. I live in Wisconsin, however, I live close to my work so I do not anticipate too much snow driving. That being said, I think my new car will have some exposure to the elements. After consulting with several of you, I decided against this "final coat" rust proofing system, just seems like a rip off. Despite the fact that my Ford dealer insists that no one undercoats their car anymore, I will do a undercoat likely through Ziebart.

The next thing the Ford dealer suggested was this GlassCoat product. It is $1,200ish and includes some interior protection, supposedly. Anyone ever tried this and is it worth it?

Many Thanks! I love having this board to come to with questions.
I think you're referring to getting a Ceramic coating. I hear they're good and that price is in the ball park. Alternately, for more money, you could get your car wrapped.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Personally, I wouldn't let any dealer's people TOUCH the exterior of my girl. DFB's advice is solid...if you don't want (or can't) do the paint correction (the big money) yourself, pay to have it done along with a coating.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
He's not asking about paint protection.
Actually, I think he might be, Nova. In any event, it IS the paint correction that makes a ceramic coating so expensive, not the coating itself and only part of the cost for the actual application.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I think you're referring to getting a Ceramic coating. I hear they're good and that price is in the ball park. Alternately, for more money, you could get your car wrapped.
The dealer-applied shit is just a sealant. They're going to scratch the hell out of your call while they do it. Getting an entire car wrapped is going to be like $5-7k.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
The dealer-applied shit is just a sealant. They're going to scratch the hell out of your call while they do it. Getting an entire car wrapped is going to be like $5-7k.
My dealer offered to have a company that only does the coating and wrapping for me. He was priced at around 2K for the ceramic coating not sure what he would come up with for the wrapping. Definitely not to be done by the dealer though.

The

SVTchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1993 SVT Mustang Cobra, 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Despite the fact that my Ford dealer insists that no one undercoats their car anymore, I will do a undercoat likely through Ziebart.
Your dealer is correct, no one undercoats their cars anymore. You are only adding unnecessary weight to the car for very little added protection.
Sponsored