Sponsored

Getting the run around..... alignment

Beef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 S550 GT
So who here has gotten the run around for getting their car aligned into spec using the stock adjustments? My dealer states that the front end is maxed out ... i call bullshit.

Steering wheel is off center and she pulls to the right.
Just want to see a show of hands that has gotten thier car aligned properly without using aftermarket adjusters.

Running steeda ultralite springs with frfp shocks n struts

Will post specs when i get my car back...
Sponsored

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I am having a similar issue but mine pulls to the left and I'm stock. Dealer said was perfectly aligned. I haven't had the time to bring it back yet.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Steeda Ultralites will probably need camber bolts or CC plates. A good performance alignment shop should be able to get it okay and there's no excuse for pulling left/right way on straight, flat, non-tilted road regardless.

I have Ultralites and CC plates and you can tell my strut is cocked over some to achieve my alignment, something I could never do with out those plates.

If your steering wheel is off center, then the alignment tech didn't have it straight when he/she was doing the work - that's half ass. An easy mistake, but nonetheless half ass.

OP
OP
Beef

Beef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 S550 GT
I tried telling them to at least fix the wheel and the pull but more excuses followed.... they lost a customer

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You need to go to a PERFORMANCE alignment shop. Not a dealer. Talk to the import guys with actually well-done cars. They always know where to go locally...

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I am stock and shouldn't have to pay a performance shop to fix something that should be right from the factory.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
So who here has gotten the run around for getting their car aligned into spec using the stock adjustments? My dealer states that the front end is maxed out ... i call bullshit.

Steering wheel is off center and she pulls to the right.
Just want to see a show of hands that has gotten thier car aligned properly without using aftermarket adjusters.

Running steeda ultralite springs with frfp shocks n struts

Will post specs when i get my car back...
I had a dealer actually tell me manual cars pull to the right. :headbonk:

OP
OP
Beef

Beef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 S550 GT
These are my specs when I got the alignment done the first time.... according to the before and after for the fronts it doesnt look like the camber or caster has ever messed with just the toe..... which screwed up my steering.

What #s are you guys running on a lowered daily driver??

Sponsored

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Here's how mine ended up after mine was "aligned"...I'm on Eibach sportlines....guy said the front didn't really have any adjustability...

20151218_162734.jpg

I don't have any pull, but never really thought he knew what he was doing...haven't done anything else about it....edit, not sure why it shows sideways but you get the idea

bizkitlimped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 shadow black V6 6spd
Here's how mine ended up after mine was "aligned"...I'm on Eibach sportlines....guy said the front didn't really have any adjustability...

20151218_162734.jpg

I don't have any pull, but never really thought he knew what he was doing...haven't done anything else about it....edit, not sure why it shows sideways but you get the idea

There wasn't any adjustability because you need aftermarket caster/camber plates. they are essential after installing lowering springs. get yourself a set, and then have it realigned.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
+1 for camber plates, Steeda couldn't get my front in spec with out them but I am solid now that I have their plates.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Camber bolts will work just fine.....

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Here's my before and after lowering with Steeda Sport Progressive springs. I do have the Steeda adjustable toe links. I'm not sure that you can adjust the toe on stock toe links.
1471531241.image.jpg
1471531265.image.jpg
Sponsored