Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Thank you....

Capping prices is very different from controlling them. Just saying. There is a factored in wiggle room already at MSRP. ADM's = Overbilling.

There is absolutely nothing....NADA... that a middleman does to benefit moving forward.

We cap what Athletes make for a reason... but they can do tangible things on the side for themselves to augment their own personal wealth and make themselves more marketable.

There is nothing tangible coming from a dealer that charges ADM's. period. Caping things at MSRP and enforcing MAP... benefits both the buyer and the Manufacturer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
To paragraph one: Does a Ford never need service? Or should we now take our cars to Sears Service Centers since there would be no dealers in your world? Also, most trade a car in. No dealer? Who takes the trade?
A Ford does not need to be serviced at a Ford dealership, unless you're getting warranty work done, and it would be very easy for Ford to just pay independent mechanics for warranty work, and/or just have licensed Ford service shops if people insisted on having a mechanic with the Ford name for some silly reason.

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
Can you explain how the allocations are set? IOW...does the dealer order the car without a buyer's input or do they sit down with the buyer and order it the way they want it? Do these allocations happen by a lottery or by a success curve based on past SVT volume? Do the dealers or the buyers have any say as to what they will receive or.... is it just pot luck and they get what they get?
A Ford Dealer has to enroll into the Shelby Program to receive an allocation. They need to apply for it and pay $1000.00 to enroll before February 27th. Supposedly if the dealership does not apply by the deadline they will not get any GT350s. The enrollment guaruntees them One (1) Shelby GT350. Additional allocations will be based on overall mustang sales. So if a dealership sells a whole lot of mustangs they will get more GT350s to sell. What most of us on this thread are doing are trying to buy an allocation....especially a dealer's first allocation in order to be sure to get it. If you buy an allocation you will be able to order it exactly the way you want it. Can you imagine what the dealership did with my $1000.00 deposit? I am in 1st place :first: for their first allocation, money has exchanged hands and an agreement has been made :cheers: I reallly believe that this dealership will not screw me.

Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
A Ford Dealer has to enroll into the Shelby Program to receive an allocation. They need to apply for it and pay $1000.00 to enroll before February 27th. Supposedly if the dealership does not apply by the deadline they will not get any GT350s. The enrollment guaruntees them One (1) Shelby GT350. Additional allocations will be based on overall mustang sales. So if a dealership sells a whole lot of mustangs they will get more GT350s to sell. What most of us on this thread are doing are trying to buy an allocation....especially a dealer's first allocation in order to be sure to get it. If you buy an allocation you will be able to order it exactly the way you want it. Can you imagine what the dealership did with my $1000.00 deposit? I am in 1st place :first: for their first allocation, money has exchanged hands and an agreement has been made :cheers: I reallly believe that this dealership will not screw me.

I believe this is why the dealership I have really wasn't worried about getting more of the GT350's. They actually sell a lot of Mustangs and Raptors. They actually have also moved quite a bit of GT500's as well. And as I've confirmed... nothing went for more than the MSRP. There is a lot of disposable income in my area... but, also a lot of very hard working people who research what they put this disposable income into, separating their needs and wants intelligently. If they want something...they damn well aren't going to pay more than they should for it.

I look forward to seeing your new ride. Perhaps when I pull up next to it in mine.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
There is a lot of disposable income in my area... but, also a lot of very hard working people who research what they put this disposable income into, separating their needs and wants intelligently. If they want something...they damn well aren't going to pay more than they should for it.
It's so cute how you pretend to "know" how everyone in your community manages their money, using them unknowingly to support your arguments here. I'll play, too.

There is a lot of disposable income in my area, as well... but, they are all Americans who believe in our free market economy. They are very hard working people who research what they put this disposable income into, separating their needs and wants intelligently. If they want a vehicle... they damn well negotiate a price that both parties agree to. Most of the time, that works out to a price well below MSRP - and often below the factory invoice total.

That was fun; we should do this more often.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
It's so cute how you pretend to "know" how everyone in your community manages their money, using them unknowingly to support your arguments here. I'll play, too.

There is a lot of disposable income in my area, as well... but, they are all Americans who believe in our free market economy. They are very hard working people who research what they put this disposable income into, separating their needs and wants intelligently. If they want a vehicle... they damn well negotiate a price that both parties agree to. Most of the time, that works out to a price well below MSRP - and often below the factory invoice total.

That was fun; we should do this more often.
Simply put...you should know the circles you run in and the other circles you touch. I don't have to pretend.... I live in America with my eyes open. I don't sit around complacent waiting for things to happen.

To your comment above...

Well...then there's the point to be made isn't it... In an area where the disposable income is a reflection of the affluence of your community... You either make them happy or they will go elsewhere, even if your location is more convenient. If you're an active member of your community...you also get a good visual of that cross section. Being a GM you basically should know this. Treat them with respect and don't rob them with jacked up ADM's and you're leveraging good service to keep your customers coming back.....Its not rocket science,,, its more like common sense. You treat them good and they will forever be your client. If you piss them off they can make your life miserable.

So how does my example support ADM's? If anything it supports having a knowledge of what your demographic audience expects of YOU. And again driving home the benefits of not using ADM's.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
This thread is exhausting. It's evident that we're all just biding time and bickering till some additional info, any info becomes available.

The ADM argument has no conclusion unless Ford increases production or they throttle back allocations to those dealers who engage in such activity like Dodge has with the Hellcats. Either is not likely.

Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
^ I hear ya Randy.... I can simplify this to just four letters...

nada |ˈnädə|
pronoun informal
Meaning= nothing.
ORIGIN Spanish.

Which ironically also stands for something that does nothing beneficial for Consumers or Manufacturers...

NADA or National Automobile Dealers Association.

Funny how Ironic that is.

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
This thread is exhausting. It's evident that we're all just biding time and bickering till some additional info, any info becomes available.

The ADM argument has no conclusion unless Ford increases production or they throttle back allocations to those dealers who engage in such activity like Dodge has with the Hellcats. Either is not likely.
That's why I stopped posting in this thread!!!

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
I doubt a new GT 350 is in his future.

Wow you are quite the humanitarian. You care about me you really do.
Give me a freakin break. Of course I'm looking out for myself. Why would I give a F about you. Like what I pay for a car even affects you.

A product is for sale. You either agree to the asking price or you don't. This is still America. Don't tell me how much to pay and I won't tell you what to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.