Sponsored

General GMax-RS vs Firestone Firehawk Indy 500.

OP
OP
Dave TBG

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Re: General- they are a subdivision of Michelin and are known for making really good tires at far more reasonable prices to the Mich. Performance may drop a bit from the Mich but when my Bullitt is due for replacements, I'm going to give the General Gmax AS-05 tires a shot.
Last I heard, General is owned by Continental, but the rest of your statement is true either way.
My stock wheels have fairly new Conti EC DWS06 on them, those will be my winter wheels. I considered the AS-05 at the time but I'd had the Contis before and loved them. The price difference at the time wasn't that big.
Sponsored

spectreman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt
You are correct, sir- my apologies as I didn't mean to mislead anyone. Conti does indeed own General whereas Michelin owns Uniroyal.

OP
OP
Dave TBG

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Generals are on the car.
PXL_20210403_210529012.jpg

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I put on a set of General G-Max AS-5. They are very predictable in dry and rain...better than my P_zero's!

I do not race my car on the track, but these tires give me more confidence on the road that the P-Zero's ever did! I drive a vert, but still like to push it when I can.

Great tire for the money.

CVCashmere

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Dave TBG

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put on a set of General G-Max AS-5. They are very predictable in dry and rain...better than my P_zero's!

I do not race my car on the track, but these tires give me more confidence on the road that the P-Zero's ever did! I drive a vert, but still like to push it when I can.

Great tire for the money.

CVCashmere
Just about anything is better than the P-Zero Nero. When mine wore out I replaced them with Conti Extreme Contact DWS06 and the difference was night and day. Still, those are 255/40-19 all-seasons, with all the suspension work I've done I thought I'd see what a bigger summer tire could do for me. It's too soon to tell, I've only put 3 or 4 miles on them, but those miles showed a lot of promise.
Sponsored