Garage, Sway bar install possible?

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
On the jack stands obviously. I have few suspension upgrades to do and one of them are both Sway bars. I'm concerned about the front one, its tricky to get out but it is doable while on the lift (per cjpp YouTube install video) I want to do it myself but I'm not sure if I'll have enough clearance to wiggle this thing out with car being just about 1-1.5ft off the ground. Otherwise I'll have to take it to the shop and pay for labor which pisses me off for i love working on cars, especially my own
Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I haven't done the front but I don't see why it would be tougher, just need plenty of room on whichever side you weasel it out of the car.

Nine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It's kind of a pain, but get it up high on jackstands and it's definitely doable.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
yea i did mine on jackstands, definately get the stands high so you have enough room to wiggle it out.

Jonas-RR-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Just did my sway bars today. Had my car on jack stands on all four. One thing I did was remove the front struts and brake rotors to give you more room to pull the sway bar out. Another is to have 2 other people to help. One on passenger side, one at the front of the car to help guide the sway bar from the engine bay and one at the driver side to pull the sway bar while everyone helps guide. I also pulled the end links off on both sides.

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Op, wonder if you ever tried the free sway bar mod? ?

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Its easy on jack stands comes right out without remove the struts.

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
Did both with the car on jack stands. Didn't have to remove the strut or brakes. Very easy job.

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
:thumbsup:
Just did my sway bars today. Had my car on jack stands on all four. One thing I did was remove the front struts and brake rotors to give you more room to pull the sway bar out. Another is to have 2 other people to help. One on passenger side, one at the front of the car to help guide the sway bar from the engine bay and one at the driver side to pull the sway bar while everyone helps guide. I also pulled the end links off on both sides.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kuba

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
That's great to hear, I hoped it'd be doable on the jack stands. Thx guys, now I need some elbow grease :cheers:

OP
OP
Kuba

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
More than half way done, I did entire rear as I planned. Front is coming next, this Saturday I hope. I know, weird picture but decided to post it anyway. Oh... and no its not a daily driver. Current progress : Rear Springs (pro kit), Sway bar (eibach), BMR cb005 lockout kit, vertical links, steeda subframe alignment kit, steeda jacking rails. Start to finish took me 5 hours including jacking up the car, finding all the tools in my horrible garage and the final clean up. Not bad for 94 degree humid weather
IMG_20160615_171341-1600x900.jpg

Last edited:

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm curious about the free front away at mod. Sorry I am not familiar with the access under there. Are people drilling the holes with the swaybar installed, or does it have to be removed? I would only guess it would be easiest with it removed, but thought I'd ask.

OP
OP
Kuba

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
I'm curious about the free front away at mod. Sorry I am not familiar with the access under there. Are people drilling the holes with the swaybar installed, or does it have to be removed? I would only guess it would be easiest with it removed, but thought I'd ask.
I'm not quite sure what mod you have in mind. Are you talking about drilling a hole in OEM Sway bar to make it sort of adjustable and stiffer at the same time and so by doing that you'll avoid cost of replacement to aftermarket?

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Its easy on jack stands comes right out without remove the struts.
I installed my sway bars on jack stands it was not hard nor easy. Get ready to deal with a bolt very hard to get tightened all the way under the alternator. With the Hotchkis bars being the Fattest/Beefiest it is a great feeling knowing conquered these bad boys. No need to take off brakes and struts. When it got to wiggling bar through engine bay I did have wife help. :)
Sponsored