Galaxy s9+ losing bluetooth connection

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
So I have a 2018 Ecoboost Premium with 201A. I paired my S9+ to it successfully. Ever since the second day of ownership it seems that the phone connects to the system but then constantly loses the connection and reconnects. This goes on and on. Has this happened to anyone else? If so what is the fix? Thanks

Don
Sponsored

Assh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT
Same issue!

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I have had to unpair the phone and re-pair it a few times randomly. Sometimes it will start working just fine next time you get in the car. delete the phone and re-pair it to your car , delete sync from your phone too. then restart your phone and re-pair and it usually starts working fine again for a few months atleast.

kenbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Same, I did the delete and repair from both........... a few times........... now it'll work for a month or two and then act up again... Would love it if someone had some insight on the issue!

rmreid17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium
Similar issues with my S10+ :explode: I have escalated my issue to Samsung as I believe it to be on there end I think - If not I am guessing it would be Sync related

Sponsored

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
Same w/ my work phone. Its an S8 I think

OP
OP

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Well I will try the unpair/re pair and see if that helps

Don

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
I've seen a lot of others that have this same issue... I'm betting that it has something to do with how Ford keeps the BT connection...
Just today, my Sync 3 3.4 didn't even know my phone anymore... I have the Pixel 3XL and it wasn't even showing the car in the BT settings...
So I had to re-pair it....
it gets old after a while, as you all know.... 8)

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
I have my LG paired as a secondary, so when my work phone isn't in the car, it connects just fine. It may be because I almost always have my work phone that I haven't seen the LG disconnect at all, but I do still wonder if it has anything to do with the phone brand. Sounds like the Samsungs have the issue for sure.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Have you had your dealer check it?

Mine is a '16 GT (not sure how much has change for MY2018) and it struggled in several aspects related to my S7 at the time. I had my dealer check it at the first service and they found some error codes related to the head unit, so they replaced it. This corrected the error messages and sketcky behavior related to the Bluetooth connection with my phone.

However, the wired USB connection would still connect, then disconnect, then reconnect cycling continuously while plugged in, until it eventually started saying unknown device. Replacing the USB module in the console compartment fixed that issue and it has been working fine ever since.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
After Googling a bit today I came across a post on Android Forums. It said to go to the settings. Click on Connections. Then choose More connection settings. Check Nearby device scanning. If it is "off" turn it on. If it is "on" turn it off, restart your phone, and then turn it on. I did this today and the ride home from work the phone stayed connected. So we shall see if this works for real

Don

OP
OP

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Well that didn't work

Don

Massman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
I found this post interesting as my Bullitt will repeatedly flash on the info screen that my Galaxy S9+ is connected. Today while sitting in my driveway my phone just hung up on my caller after receiving a message on the info screen saying my phone was connected. I called back immediately and all was good. While on several long rides in the past I plugged in my phone into the USB slot so I could use Waze and never experienced the described issue. I will definitely try plugging in my phone and see if any issue arrives. I will post my results when I have the info.

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
BT has issues with Sync 2 and Sync 3... after I went to S3 3.4, it hasn't disconnected my Pixel3 (yet) so maybe they fixed it there... for those still on 3.0, maybe 19xxx fixed it?
Sponsored