Sponsored

FYI: Oil Analysis Done at 940 miles: High Levels of Silicon" Ford Puts Additive In New Car Oil

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I did my first oil and filter change this week. I sent off an for a Oil Analysis. Everything was normal except it showed high levels of Silicon which could be a sealant they used during assembly, or they Put An Additive in the Oil before leaving manufacture. I put Amsoil 5W-30 Back in?. Food For Thought.
Sponsored

Iconicgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
How did it look visually? Guessing like new.
I purchased my 20 in October, just hit 1000 miles. I want to take it in for oil change but Inspection is up in September so I’ll probably put it off til then. More than likely it’ll be at 12 or 1300 miles.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
With how many "ticks" start after the first oil change I am convinced they put an additive in from the factory. My 19 and 20 both were quiet until the first oil change, and then the ticking started. I used ceratec to make it go away.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
'21 GT... I just did my first oil analysis at 9400 kms (5800 miles) through Blackstone. Seems factory fill is synthetic FOR sure, not conventional plus a very small oil filter! Did first oil change with Mobil 1 5w30 (that meets Ford's spec... but let's not get going on that....)

I also had high silicone (48 with the universal average being 11).
Also they noted higher copper (breaking in of brass/bronze parts) (26 with universal average of 3).

At 9400 kms the TBN was 3.7 meaning the oil could have gone longer. I plan on doing 16,000 km changes with this Mobil 1.

Edit: My engine is SUPER quiet and remains so.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
How did it look visually? Guessing like new.
I purchased my 20 in October, just hit 1000 miles. I want to take it in for oil change but Inspection is up in September so I’ll probably put it off til then. More than likely it’ll be at 12 or 1300 miles.
I changed my filter at 500 miles and then the filter oil last week. The oil looked great and I plan on cutting the filter in two to inspect, but with no issues found with the Analysis, I don't expect to find any issues. I might only have 950 miles on the car but, when I drive it, I run it full throttle, max RPM every single second I can since the 100 mile mark. It's fun. Have Fun

Sponsored

Iconicgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I changed my filter at 500 miles and then the filter oil last week. The oil looked great and I plan on cutting the filter in two to inspect, but with no issues found with the Analysis, I don't expect to find any issues. I might only have 950 miles on the car but, when I drive it, I run it full throttle, max RPM every single second I can since the 100 mile mark. It's fun. Have Fun
Haha. Awesome. I’m with you, my GT is my toy. Plan to keep it for a long time, I think they are solid. Drive it like it was made/meant to be driving. Slightly nervous about the tick, not end of the world. I’ll do the first oil change and then get it on schedule with inspections(yearly here).

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Haha. Awesome. I’m with you, my GT is my toy. Plan to keep it for a long time, I think they are solid. Drive it like it was made/meant to be driving. Slightly nervous about the tick, not end of the world. I’ll do the first oil change and then get it on schedule with inspections(yearly here).
I will definitely post if my engine gets a ticking noise, and will do my own inspection of the cause as well as the severity. All cars have some sort of ticking/chatter sounds, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a problem to be concerned about. I have a bore scope, stethoscope, all tools needed to track down and locate any and all noises one of my engines might have to determine if it's a concern. Take care and good luck.

Millarduck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT; 2016 Jeep GC Limited; 2014 Honda Accord Touring; former 1966 Mustang Coupe- Sprint Edition
With how many "ticks" start after the first oil change I am convinced they put an additive in from the factory. My 19 and 20 both were quiet until the first oil change, and then the ticking started. I used ceratec to make it go away.
Had my first change at 3000 miles with full synthetic Motorcraft oil, 1200 miles later still no tick. I would argue against changing the oil before 1000 miles. Engine is not broken in. I know with my past Hondas there is an additive they have for break-in and the dealer mentioned not to change the oil for at least 3000 miles with preference for the Maintenance Minder (MM) to go off for proper break-in. When I bought my '20 GT vert I was told to take it easy the first 500 miles by the dealer for break-in of engine and brakes. I would go so far as to say (my observation & opinion) with modern cars, the engine isn't at its prime performance and gas mileage until it hits 10,000 miles.

Last edited:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

The Tick hit me after the 2nd oil change. One bottle of LiquiMoly Ceratec and it has been gone for almost 4k miles and adding 2 liters of oil as needed.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Had my first change at 3000 miles with full synthetic Motorcraft oil, 1200 miles later still no tick. I would argue against changing the oil before 1000 miles. Engine is not broken in. I know with my past Hondas there is an additive they have for break-in and the dealer mentioned not to change the oil for at least 3000 miles with preference for the Maintenance Minder (MM) to go off for proper break-in. When I bought my '20 GT vert I was told to take it easy the first 500 miles by the dealer for break-in of engine and brakes. I would go so far as to say (my observation & opinion) with modern cars, the engine isn't at its prime performance and gas mileage until it hits 10,000 miles.
For me and my racing history. The engine already come pretty much broken In and have a more precise bearing clearances from the factory. I bought my GT to build, and run the hell out of during the week ends. It is a 12:1 compression engine, which would make it a Race/High Performance engine. If it breaks, Ill replace what broke with a higher performance, stronger made race part. Fun to drive
Sponsored

Last edited: