Fuse #1 Keeps Going Out

ivandood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
A while back I noticed my visor lights would not light up. I noticed fuse #1 was burned out. Well after swapping the fuse all the lights came back on except my passenger visor. So I replaced those lights with some OEM ones. Still didn’t come on even after flipping them.

I ignored the problem (passenger visor lights not working) but for some reason fuse #1 keeps burning out. I’ve already replaced that fuse 5-10 times.

Not sure if I should just replace the visor entirely or if there is something else linked to fuse 1 that could be causing the issue. Anyone have an idea what it could be?
Sponsored

GMB Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT, 16 Escape, 21 F250 (all Ruby Red)
Vehicle Showcase
If you replaced the fuse 5-10 times there is something wrong in the passenger visor or its wiring. is the fuse blowing instantly or after a while?
indicates a high resistance short if it takes a while. you could disconnect the connector for the visor in the headliner and see if it still blows.

OP
OP

ivandood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It takes a while, usually a few days. Though if I open the passenger visor it was instant a couple times.

I just pulled out the visor and replaced the fuse again to see but sounds like I’ll have to replace it. I’m hoping it won’t go out again with it being fully disconnected and out of the car for now.
Sponsored