Sponsored

Full Cobb Stage 3 comparison

DevilDogDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB 6spd Ruby Red
My take on this issue is that Cobb probably has a lot more to lose if they get a reputation for breaking cars than the various small businesses providing tuning solutions. Because of that, they probably play on the safe side with their tunes, and have chosen to go with higher quality materials in their parts than most other parts providers to snatch up that market. Their upgrade paths don't require a pro tuner, so they also appeal to the newbies.
I suppose this to be true, I expected a conservative tune from Cobb but why advertise 21 psi and then only provide 17?
Sponsored

hungryhippos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
OTS tunes just don't match up to a good custom tune because a OTS tune has to work in all conditions in all areas so a OTS tune will be conservative just to be safe. A tune in Seattle will not be the same as a tune for a car in Denver or Miami where there are different variables like air pressure, humidity, temperature, etc. A professional tuner will tune your car to how ever you want for your area, some guys want reliability, driveablity, max power, or fuel saving tune. Some ppl love it when boost hits at whatever rpms, some ppl like a smooth power curve. A professional tuner will guide you to whatever your goal is for the car.

I suppose this to be true, I expected a conservative tune from Cobb but why advertise 21 psi and then only provide 17?
Elevation is a factor when it comes to car tunes.

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
Wow that's crazy. The PCV is really simple to swap. I don't know how much mechanical experience you have or how comfortable you are working on the car, but I purchased the updated PCV from Tasca for like 22 bucks (shipping included) and installed it myself. I have very little mechanical experience myself and it was very easy to do.
Do you happen to have a part # or link to that part on TASCA?
Sponsored