Sponsored

Cobb Stage 3 nose dive in drag mode.

Slicer101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost
So I have 2018 with all the goodness that is needed for a Cobb Stage 3 tune. I just happened to save some $$$ by going with CVF parts over Cobb. What I am seeing though is that when switching to Drag mode and going all out the car will just flat fall off when the 1>2 or 2>3 shifts are met with full throttle. It is like it gets surprised about what it is doing and just has to collect itself and then it is all in again. :) I noticed in the past when running the Stage one stuff the shifts in drag mode are HARD.

Anyone else seen this? Thinking about backing down to the Stage 1 again just to see if the issue is there.

Yes.. I know.. get a custom tune... will get there soon enough..

Thanks!
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Get a protune. Trusting stage 3 is ballsy and could end in disaster

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
So I have 2018 with all the goodness that is needed for a Cobb Stage 3 tune. I just happened to save some $$$ by going with CVF parts over Cobb. What I am seeing though is that when switching to Drag mode and going all out the car will just flat fall off when the 1>2 or 2>3 shifts are met with full throttle. It is like it gets surprised about what it is doing and just has to collect itself and then it is all in again. :) I noticed in the past when running the Stage one stuff the shifts in drag mode are HARD.

Anyone else seen this? Thinking about backing down to the Stage 1 again just to see if the issue is there.

Yes.. I know.. get a custom tune... will get there soon enough..

Thanks!
If there’s nothing wrong with your trans, it sounds like the nannies are jumping in to stop wheel spin, turn off traction control etc and try it again.
Another possibility is that your turbo is just out of breath at the shifts and takes a minute to catch up.....the little turbo falls off around 5K.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Turned the nannies off and issue went away. I can deal with a little wheel spin..
I've noticed that drag mode has sucked recently, too - really soft shifts for whatever reason. I haven't had a chance to pound on the car much recently, but most of this came up after I installed the new IC. Will check again now that I've got a few miles on the upgrade, but it's good to know that it acts like a software thing and not a transmission thing.

OP
OP

Slicer101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost
I can tell you this.. I turned of the nannies and holy hell. Better hold on. It is not drag mode that is making the shifts soft.. it is the shit tires not having enough grip for what is being sent to them. In got on it and they spun on the 1>2 and when the 2>3 came in it was hang on cause we are going to drift a bit. It was cool but not cold but the stock pcraps0 tires can't hang.
Sponsored