lemonsnurkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
HELLO!
I just got my car less than two weeks ago. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong at the gas station. I have that "capless fuel filler" and seems when I use the gas pump with the plastic grommet thing, it doesn't really work (pictured with the thumbs down). It will constantly pop off and stops fueling. I end up having to just hold it in my hand. I have only gone to the gas station 3 times, but most of the gas stations around where I live have pumps with the grommet thing. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to go to stations where they have pumps pictured with the thumbs up?

The car is 19 GT.
Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 10.09.13 AM.png
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Try another gas station.

OP
OP
lemonsnurkey

lemonsnurkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
Try another gas station.
I live next to like 6 gas stations within .5 miles all of them have that stupid gas vapor grommet thing (SoCAL). Do you have this issue?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I live next to like 6 gas stations within .5 miles all of them have that stupid gas vapor grommet thing (SoCAL). Do you have this issue?
I've had it before, and it was a bad evap canister. But I haven't heard of it on the new cars, this was on a 2005 Mustang.

I don't think it's the grommet thing, so try another station.

OP
OP
lemonsnurkey

lemonsnurkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
I've had it before, and it was a bad evap canister. But I haven't heard of it on the new cars, this was on a 2005 Mustang.

I don't think it's the grommet thing, so try another station.
i already did, any pump with the grommet thing, causes the pump to constantly pop of the capless fuel cap. do you have this issue on yours?

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
i already did, any pump with the grommet thing, causes the pump to constantly pop of the capless fuel cap. do you have this issue on yours?
We don't have those here. So maybe that is the issue, and there's nothing to be done about it.

Giving us your location would help us understand the grommet and the fuel octane we're seeing in the pics.

OP
OP
lemonsnurkey

lemonsnurkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
the pics were just pulled off google. i live in SoCAL. next time i go to the gas station i'll take a picture, but it looks exactly like this. this s*** causes it to pop off like a mother. can't even fuel without holding, wondering if i am doing something wrong. No matter how hard i "man handle" doesn't seem to stay.
rawImage.jpg

Deleted member 35644

I'm guessing the accordion boot is preventing the nozzle from completely opening the valve, the gas is bouncing off it, and shutting the nozzle off. None of the Shell or Exxon stations I use have that on the nozzles, so I've never experienced this. You're not doing anything wrong, you may just need to shove & hold while you're fueling, unless you choose a different station.

subbz

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2
I've had this problem on my 15 GT when I had it and now on the 18 GT. I don't have problems with all of the gas stations only some. This also happens on my fiancee's 17 Fusion. It seems to be a normal thing on the easy fuel filler from Ford since it also happens on all of their line up. Not really sure what causes it and how to fix it. But you just need to push it all the way forward and hold it for the time being.

OP
OP
lemonsnurkey

lemonsnurkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
I'm guessing the accordion boot is preventing the nozzle from completely opening the valve, the gas is bouncing off it, and shutting the nozzle off. None of the Shell or Exxon stations I use have that on the nozzles, so I've never experienced this. You're not doing anything wrong, you may just need to shove & hold while you're fueling, unless you choose a different station.
thanks for the info! i'll have to figure what stations don't have the "boot", because i went to one mobil that does have it and another that doesn't!

Sponsored
OP
OP
lemonsnurkey

lemonsnurkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
I've had this problem on my 15 GT when I had it and now on the 18 GT. I don't have problems with all of the gas stations only some. This also happens on my fiancee's 17 Fusion. It seems to be a normal thing on the easy fuel filler from Ford since it also happens on all of their line up. Not really sure what causes it and how to fix it. But you just need to push it all the way forward and hold it for the time being.
Thanks for the info! Nice picture of the GT too!

ArcsandSparks

Probably wrenching
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same issue, if you remove the nozzle for a second after it shuts off it fixes it a majority of the time.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Try not inserting the nozzle all the way in, and don't pull the fuel handle trigger all.the way. You are building up too much backpressure while.filling.

fill slower, or allow gases to escape by not making the nozzle all.the way in.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Onw of the stations I have filled at rejected my overtures until I looked at the step-by-step instruction images on the pumps> It apparetly makes a difference when and how you hang the nozzle in the hole. As I remeber it, if you try to square the bellows with the hole, it takes a couple of tries to get the angle right, but then it's all smooth sailing.

"Put the gas nozzle into your car's tank, and pull it slightly down until it's secure. Pull up on the nozzle's trigger and lock it into place." --California DMV.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i have found that if you put the gas handle in upside down it will work and fill the whole car usually without popping off...no im not a troll it really works just looks like you are on drugs a little bit

i was told the reason is due to the angle or size of the filler tube the sloshing of the gas forms bubbles and tricks the pump to think the fuel is backing up into the tube (aka too full) when its really not

but seriously try to turn the nozzle upside down and i have no issues
Sponsored