Sponsored

Fuel filler gate stuck closed...HELP!

Brodirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost AT PP every option.
Pulled into the gas station earlier today to fill up and I found that I could not.
The metal gate inside the filler neck is stuck closed.
I tried every iteration of car state...locked running, unlocked running, locked not running, unlocked not running and nothing worked.
Its not frozen, its almost 50 in New York today and the car is not in hibernation mode, I drove it 2 weeks ago when it was also near to 50.
Luckily I dont need gas, I was getting it because 93 is so much cheaper near my office than at my home.

Anyway, does anyone know what to do about this?
Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Maybe you car had an upset tank and wasn't hungry.

Sorry not a clue

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I've heard of this happening on the 11-14 Mustangs, but have not experienced it personally. Hopefully never will. There is a white fill tube that should be in the trunk with the spare tire or fix-a-flat kit that is needed in the event one runs out of gas and has to fill the tank via a fuel can. It's designed to fit in and release the flap. IT may help you finesse the release. That's all I got aside from read the owners manual that may share something.

I just learned about the hidden key in the fob tow days ago. I was concerned what would happen if the battery died and I had no key to get in the car. These fancy schmancy euro-trash geek button cars are just full of new learning experiences these days. Sure wish we could get back to a simply key entry and gas cap concept again. Strip the electronics and all the geek-a-zoid luxuries out and you'd shed 1000 pounds I bet.......But I do admit I kind've like some of them. :blush:

OP
OP

Brodirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost AT PP every option.
You got me curious. Here's a PDF that might help. duckduckgo.com search engine is your friend.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/pdf/EasyFuel.pdf
After I posted this I changed my search terms and found an F-150 forum where someone else experienced the same thing.
They advised, as your link does, that there are two tabs to release the gate and that the station I went to probably had pump heads that were too small.
I will try a different station on the way home and see.

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Huh. Glad I read that. I would have never known that funnel is in with the tire inflator kit. Also, if anyone from Ford is reading, the S550 has been out for 4 years, can we get a locking gas cap that fits?
Sponsored