Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
That looks TERRIBLE. What's with the tiny pipes all recessed inside the bumper cutouts? :barf:
Well, unless your looking from ONE INCH away, yeah I agree.
Sponsored

AV80R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Twister Orange L0376
Thinking of getting this same setup with the Touring quads. Any chance you can shoot a video of a start and some revs, I'm worried as well the sound will be too much but I LOVE the look.

Was adding the Borla resonator an easy swap for the issue? Thanks
I'll see about getting a video when the rain subsides.

The resonator simply replaces the x-pipe. Plug-n-play.

AV80R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks TERRIBLE. What's with the tiny pipes all recessed inside the bumper cutouts? :barf:
Ford says it's an air-gap to keep from melting the valance...

ZombieHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red California Special
Kramer82
Hey [MENTION=24242]ZombieHunter[/MENTION] , is your's the axl back or cat back?

sorry about the delayed response, I missed it, but its a full cat back..I didn't want to have to cut the stock exhaust so I paid a little more, only to have to cut the bottom off the bumper cover, didn't realize that at first..... but whatever If I ever go back to stock I still can get it back together just a little more work....

silver86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Thinking of getting this same setup with the Touring quads. Any chance you can shoot a video of a start and some revs, I'm worried as well the sound will be too much but I LOVE the look.

Was adding the Borla resonator an easy swap for the issue? Thanks
Here are a couple of vids. First vid is the Sport catback with x-pipe, vid 2 is with the Borla resonator installed: <sorry about the links...having issues getting the vid embedded>

Vid1

Vid2

I swapped out the resonator and went back to the x-pipe (just for grins and to see how difficult it would be without touching the rest of the system), and it took me about 45 minutes, including getting the car on and off of the stands, and I did some small adjustments to the rear pipe alignment. No issue, really.

Sponsored

ZombieHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red California Special
FR GT350 Exhaust Video

Here's a video Livernois did on my car this summer with the exhaust installed, it covers a few other parts but the exhaust is the main item..

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]id=_au_Wndu60Y;t=25[/MEDIA]"]

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Here are a couple of vids. First vid is the Sport catback with x-pipe, vid 2 is with the Borla resonator installed: <sorry about the links...having issues getting the vid embedded>

Vid1

Vid2

I swapped out the resonator and went back to the x-pipe (just for grins and to see how difficult it would be without touching the rest of the system), and it took me about 45 minutes, including getting the car on and off of the stands, and I did some small adjustments to the rear pipe alignment. No issue, really.
Honestly sounds ten times better with the resonator on. Smoother, higher pitched but zero rasp.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I agree 100%. Painting the exhaust outlets black would help but I agree it's looks cheap and horrible compared to the other quad tipped setups.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Ford says it's an air-gap to keep from melting the valance...
They should have had the tips be a separate part from a valence like the Roush kit but with the same style tips they are using (bigger and straight cut) vs Roush that are a little smaller and slash cut.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I agree 100%. Painting the exhaust outlets black would help but I agree it's looks cheap and horrible compared to the other quad tipped setups.
:doh:

Sponsored

AV80R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love it or hate it, Ford wasn't the first when they decided to use it on the GT350. Even Ferrari thought it was acceptable for the $1.5 mil LaFerrari...
laferrari.jpg
ferrari-laferrari-5.jpg

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
I'm fine with it - a tip is just for looks anyways. From 3 feet away you can't even tell the difference.

TonyN

SLO 5L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Love it or hate it, Ford wasn't the first when they decided to use it on the GT350. Even Ferrari thought it was acceptable for the $1.5 mil LaFerrari...
Funny you brought that up. When I installed my GT350 valence my girlfriend said it looked "more exotic". I said yea Ferrari ish.

I love the way it looks. I painted the muffler (inner) tips black to be a little camouflaged.

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Vid1

Vid2

Awesome, so this is just the regular Borla Touring resonator and it installs right in the system with no modification? Link to the part? Gearing up to buy this exhaust shortly, thanks kindly!

silver86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Awesome, so this is just the regular Borla Touring resonator and it installs right in the system with no modification? Link to the part? Gearing up to buy this exhaust shortly, thanks kindly!
Here is the link to the part on the Borla site:

https://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_resonator_part__60561.html

I googled and found it a bit cheaper from some other site, but I can't remember from where.

No modifications to install. Just slips on right in place of the x-pipe that comes with the system.
Sponsored