Front turn signal issues

johnnytequila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 performance blue GT350
I am trying to post the video of my front turn signal not flashing when in use. It’s intermittent and was only the left but yesterday the right front did it. My wife was able to record it. I still have a warranty and I will probably surrender and have the dealership look at it but I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Did you confirm the bulb is not bad? I'm not as familiar with the GT350 but remember when I put the switchback lights in my 16 GT, there was a dual filament bulb in there that light up for running lights and then blinks as well. In the video it looks like the running light is working just no blinking. That would be the first thing I'd check if you didn't already.

OP
OP
johnnytequila

johnnytequila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
But it’s not out, just doesn’t blink and it’s intermittent on both sides. My troubleshooting with my blue driver found a code about the body control module. The first owner took it in once for that. I took it in a year ago when I first bought it And that was only the left front and yesterday the right front did it.

B123A-11 Left Front Turn Indicator - Circuit Short To Ground

B123A-15 Left Front Turn Indicator- Circuit Short To Battery Or Open

Fixes:

Bulb (if applicable)

Front Park lamp/Turn Lamp Assembly

Rear Lamp Assembly

Exterior Mirror Lamp Turn Signal Assembly

Driver Door Module

Passenger Door Module

Body Control Module

Wiring Harness/Connector

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
But it’s not out, just doesn’t blink and it’s intermittent on both sides.
If its a dual filament bulb, one filament can still be working (driving light / parking light filament) and one be intermittent or out (turn signal filament). Its like 2 bulbs in one.

OP
OP
johnnytequila

johnnytequila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
You could be right but once they burn out, they don’t work again, right? Both sides? I appreciate your input. Just trying to figure it out because this was an issue before I even got the car.

Sponsored

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
It could have broken the blinker part of the filament, and theoretically that broken filament could be making slight contact creating the intermittent issue you describe, but based on the codes you're getting I don't think that is your problem unfortunately. Sorry it's not an easy fix, good luck.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I am trying to post the video of my front turn signal not flashing when in use. It’s intermittent and was only the left but yesterday the right front did it. My wife was able to record it. I still have a warranty and I will probably surrender and have the dealership look at it but I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue?
Hi mate I am having the same issue on my 2016 Right hand drive mustang but only on the drivers side front (right hand side). It's driving me crazy. I thought potentially the LED so removed and replaced with oem bulb and same issue. For some reason it seems to happen more while car is running. I'm at a total loss, I'm thinking potentially the turn signal switch is faulty?. Or power relay/flasher Really keen to hear how you go fixing this, please let me know. I may have to go to an auto electrician.

Last edited:
OP
OP
johnnytequila

johnnytequila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Actually I had it resolved by my dealership. They escalated it after they replaced the body control module and turned out it was a bad light socket. They replaced it and has never been an issue since.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Actually I had it resolved by my dealership. They escalated it after they replaced the body control module and turned out it was a bad light socket. They replaced it and has never been an issue since.
Nice its fixed I bet. So did they just replace this part in the picture and not the part it plugs into with all the wiring
Screenshot_20240208_140508_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240208_140508_Samsung Internet.jpg

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Nice its fixed I bet. So did they just replace this part in the picture and not the part it plugs into with all the wiring
Hey did you try unplugging the battery for around 5 mins after you changed the bulb? Sometimes the BCU cuts power as a safety and you need to reset it.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Hey did you try unplugging the battery for around 5 mins after you changed the bulb? Sometimes the BCU cuts power as a safety and you need to reset it.
No I didn't, I guess I could give it a go. Not sure it will make a difference because the signal works but it's intermittently.... electrical is a pain and makes you chase your tail
Sponsored