Aftermarket front turn signal issue.

Rchapman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hey Mustang owners. I need a little assistance.

2016 Mustang GT - currently I have aftermarket Opt7 turn signals installed. The right front amber blinker had stopped working. Although the white still worked. I had ordered another pair and replaced with the new one and it worked for a year. Now it has failed again after a year.

I thought opt 7 might be crap so I ordered Axioms and new out of the box they are doing the same thing. All lights work like expected except the right front amber light. I disconnected battery to reset everything and even reinstalled the OEM light and it blinks.

There is not a fuse that I can see specific to the turn signals but I have pulled and checked them all.

Anyone have any idea what else it could be? Is there something other than a fuse or relay? Is it something with the computer?
Sponsored

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
There are no fuses specific to the turn signals and if there were, that fuse would affect all turn signals. Are you saying that the factory lamp works fine?

OP
OP
Rchapman

Rchapman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yes when I plugged the OEM back in it worked fine. Blinks perfectly. Feel like I'm chasing my tail.

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
There isn't much else beside the lamp housing and bulb/LED and the wiring. I'm going with your first impression, that the Opt7 lights failed (not rare with aftermarket LEDs, I replace my F150 mirror turn signals and backup LEDs often for failures) and that your new lamp is defective. Can you swap the Axioms right to left, not installed obviously, but just connected? See if the issue follows the lamp, then you'll know if it's the lamp or something at the connector. Could be the actual connector.
Sponsored