Sponsored

Front Splitter missing??

plaborde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Just went to pick up my 2016 GT350 from the dealership. 716 miles in 18 months, so it's time for an oil change. The first one in fact. Actually, I dropped it off yesterday for the oil line recall and an oil change. They forgot the oil change so I brought it back this morning for the oil change. Three hours later I go to pick it up, and......where is the front splitter? (the center peice, not the wings) I ask the service tech, he calls a service guy over and he states, "It wasn't there he put the car on the rack." OK this is weird. I checked the mileage and when I dropped it off it had 716.6 miles, now it has 717.8 miles. 1.2 miles to change the oil when the oil bay is 30 feet away from the service lane? The bolts on the outside of the splitter were still there with plastic around them. All of the other bolts were gone. No way it came off and I didn't feel running over it yesterday or this morning. It just couldn't have happened. The dealership is ordering a new front section for the splitter, $484.00. They didn't put it back on the rack though. Is there more damage? What do I need to look for? Any help is appreciated. Has this happened to anyone else?? :doh: I did notice that the dash was on the TRIP A screen, I always leave it on the head temperature gauge. Steering wheel was also adjusted.

New Rule - Always take a picture of the mileage when you drop your car off!
Sponsored

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
Do they have surveillance video? You would know if it came off while driving.

OP
OP

plaborde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
They got it and it's on the ticket. They don't include the 10th of miles though. I had the oil line recall done yesterday. The spoiler has to be removed for that procedure. Maybe the tech didn't put it back on correctly. It is a art to put that spoiler back on. Ford even has a special video for tech's to watch specifically for that car. Maybe it came off when I was driving it back and forth, but I find it amazing I didn't notice it. You would think it would make one hell of a noise if it came off. The car lives in a large hanger. You walk 50 feet up to the front of the car to get in. You would think that would jump out at you when you approach. I'm still perplexed.

OP
OP

plaborde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Do they have surveillance video? You would know if it came off while driving.
The general manager is a friend. He said he is going to have the video's reviewed to see what happened to the car while in their possession.

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
it got tore up putting it on rack so they left it off.

Yetitime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pak
I suspect, that the tech tried to go up on a regular left and hit the front, didn't know what to do and took it off. I know this as my son works at ford and these cars are supposed to only be put on the low profile lifts. One reason I also make sure to request main shop lead techs as these quick lane techs are not experienced enough with some of the cars.
Sponsored