Sponsored

Front Shelby Splitter

ice_age_revenge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future GT350
Although it may have been discussed already, why do these cars that are being delivered to its lucky owners do not have a front splitter? I dont see it as a package and I know for a fact that I have seen other GT350's with the Tech package with a splitter as well.
Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Damn this question is on every thread a few times.. It doesn't come installed. Dealer installs upon delivery. None of the owners are missing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Delivery reasons

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Anyone know PN on the R splitter?

I think I might change mine to the R splitter but other than that, plan on leaving it alone.

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Anyone know PN on the R splitter?

I think I might change mine to the R splitter but other than that, plan on leaving it alone.
You'll need to add the R rear spoiler too, or you'll screw up the aero balance of the car.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You'll need to add the R rear spoiler too, or you'll screw up the aero balance of the car.
At high speeds I agree, on the street it wont really matter. But an adjustable rear wing might do the trick as well.

NicksM3

Trak Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
E92 M3 Competition
Go with a nice APR wing (effective) for the rear...light weight as compared to the R's heavy one. I picked up the wing at a seminar and it's at least 25lbs. No Bueno for "weight reduction"

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I might agree with you but just have to see what the car is going to do on the track first. I would prefer a neutral handling car, which most have said the R is in the reviews but the base car was a bit more understeer. I'm sure some of that has to do with the tires and possibly suspension on the car but I'm not planning on running Cup tires on it. Given most OEM cars straight out of the factory have a bit of push and that getting front downforce is a bit harder to do.....I am going out on a limb here and I'm going to bet it doesn't make a huge difference to the car but it probably does aid in front aero down. Besides I like the look of the slightly bigger splitter on the car.

Either way that splitter isn't big enough to say it is going to be "oh my god" unstable at speed and cause a massive aero oversteer issue with it. I do this stuff to much day in day out to see that much by looking at the car.

Question still stands....anyone know the PN for the R splitter?

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
This is an interesting question, how mixing and matching aero (or other) components from different packages can affect handling. Of course, around town and at the local drive-in, it won't matter, but I don't want to be on the track with some guy who made changes because he thought they were "cool," without understanding the full impact of the modifications - especially at high speeds. I've never seen factory engineers so adamant about using the whole aero package if you use any of it. Ford Performance consistently has said (at the Track Tours, at SEMA last week and any other time you ask), for example, don't put an R spoiler on a base, Tech or Track without changing the splitter, because the car will become unstable. Interestingly, Chevrolet Performance said the exactly the same thing at SEMA, as did several other aftermarket parts manufacturers when discussing their products. In fact, one of the themes of the SEMA show seemed to be "Carmakers are so good at performance tuning their cars now that you need to upgrade entire systems to see real benefits and not screw up your car." Beyond splitters and spoilers, this included braking systems, suspension components and power adders. For example, suspension tuners are concerned about how ABS systems integrate (or don't integrate) with their setups.

We definitely are in the Golden Age of muscle cars and really interesting options for performance tuning. I'm not worried about the knowledgable guys who carefully consider mods or experiment with quality aftermarket parts. I'm just afraid that there are a bunch of people out there whose only qualification is having a fat wallet (or an overworked credit card) who will get themselves (or someone else) into trouble.

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Where is my band wagon poster...

When the factory talks about "downforce" in some cases it can just be a measurement of reduced lift...that is, the car isn't actually creating any pressure down, just less lift than what the normal model does. In this case I would say it probably does create some, but remember these parts are all mounted to the body....not to the chassis. They are not going to swing this car 200-300-400lbs of downforce from what it was prior.

A real wing (at least not without lower supports) is not going to be bolted to the trunk lid. A real splittler isn't going to be held to the car with 7mm body screws through plastic attachment points. It is nice that everyone is starting to think about car systems as a whole but you have to put all of this into perspective here.

To add to that, what are you going to see on an actual road course? 120? 130? Maybe on a really fast track 140-145 on a straight. These minor changes are not going to cause the guy next to you to just fly off the track because he has a different stock splitter on the car. I would be more worried about the other guy on track not knowing what the hell he is doing thinking he is Senna. The chances of having Senna there with a hack of a car chief is slim to none.

It is a great car and I am extremely excited to get mine, but at the end of the day it is still a production car coming from a normal car builder. This is not a 1,900,000 LaFerrari that can do 200+ mph or a F1 car that can't turn if it looses it's nose wing. It's a big GT car for the street.

FYI....

A real splitter is mounted like this.

Sponsored