Front Seats

LMLP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertable
I have a quick question. When I tilt my front seats forward to let somebody get in to the back nine times out ten the seat backs don't return back their original place, they tend to go back in a more upright position. Also, the lever on the side that you use to adjust the seat back doesn't go back flush it sticks up slightly as if the mechanism isn't fully engaged.

Do anybody else’s seats do the same thing? I don't have people in the back that often so I lived with it, but I figure I should get it looked at while it's still under warranty if it's not just another "feature"

Cheers
Andy
Sponsored

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Have my 2yo in and out the back of mine all the time. Never had an issue with the seat not going back to where it was.

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Mine does this as did the last mustang too.

Basically you need to be a bit more firmer / positive / faster when pushing the seat back. This ensures it clicks firmly into place and goes as far back as you need it to.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Or use the catch in the middle of the seat back which works far more reliably - I always use this to tilt the back forward as it is easy to reach

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Or use the catch in the middle of the seat back which works far more reliably - I always use this to tilt the back forward as it is easy to reach
^ this.

i find the one the OP mentions a bit fiddly too (so it’s normal @LMLP).

Not sure why there are 2 methods available now that i think of it

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
How would the back seat passengers get out of there was no leaver on rear of seat ?
Reach round to the side... i always have when i was a kid lol!

OP
OP
LMLP

LMLP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertable
It does it even when I use the catch on the back of the seat. I'll try being a bit firmer pushing the seat back into position and see if that makes a difference. I'll mention it when it goes in for its service, although I expect they'll say its normal. Thanks for all the replies.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
How would the back seat passengers get out of there was no leaver on rear of seat ?
Not sure why they don't just use the same system as on the three door Fiesta with just a single catch on the outide top of the seat back that can be opertaed by anybody

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My first S550 suffered with this on the passenger seat only, my current one suffers with the problem on both sides. It is really annoying. I mentioned it at the last service but of course they can’t find what the problem is. If anyone knows how to unfasten the seat cover I’ll have a look myself. Being firmer/faster does help the seat click back into position, but that is still often one more notch higher than the original position. It obviously has something to do with the seat back release and the adjustment lever being interconnected. The lever, by the way, is meant for adjustment only. If you use this to real ease the seat back to allow rear seat access, you won’t be able to push the seat back to its original setting.
Sponsored